➸ a c u r s e , a c u r e

No matter how she convinced herself, she was heartbroken. That was the word. She had been denying a feeling so obvious, she had to deny, she was afraid to accept. But when an option arose that he might not be hers anymore, he would be married to someone else, the thought was excruciatingly painful, even more than the pain she felt when she hurt all over in the accident.

But somewhere deep down, really deep down she was relieved. She cried, sobbed into her pillow in case her mother heard. She was still on watch since two days they had returned home from the godforsaken hospital. Two days of pure torture since the stupid marriage was announced.

Relief was there because if he was married there will be no chance that he would be connected to Aislin and would be safe forever. The thought was a thorn in her heart, a painful reminder that she couldn't easily let go.

Ayduin had said it was her fault, she had no idea why. Maybe because she helped him escape and he couldn't reveal the fact hence the marriage peace treaty. That was understandable.

He hadn't talked to her in two days but surprisingly haven't vanished either. He was there, just silent and sulking but there. She had tried talking, trying to cheer him up but she had been unable to find the right words. Maybe it was because she was depressed herself.

But she pretended fine that she was okay with his marriage and that he should listen to his father. But that made him angrier.

Ailsin knew that Ayduin was not attachment person and marriage was a death sentence for such a person but she hoped that it was because he liked her, he had stated once that they were a match made in heaven. But she also secretly hoped that should not be true.

*****

She was asleep, she was tired, she was sad but she was being brave and cheered up for his sake. He was an elf, he could sense this much emotion from a person in his head. Her curse kept her away from him and she cared enough to tolerate the pain alone.

This made him love her even more!

"Folred, if I tell you something you will not lose the little sanity you have?" Ayduin said practicing in his weapons room.

The arrow hit far from the target, this has never happened and proved that he was lovesick. Stunned Folred looked at him and then at the almost missed target.

"I am in love." He stated out loud.

He winced as he said the words out loud realizing they sounded as weird even more than it did in his head. He was the Ice Elf, cunning and cold, he cannot be in love, he should not be in love. But he gave in, he was in love!

Folred didn't laugh or drop down his mouth an inch wide. He waited for Ayduin to continue.

Maybe Folred also thought that Ayduin had lost his mind.

"She is someone you don't know, no one knows only I do. Well since she is like a voice in my head. But the fact she exasperated me before, then I started understanding her and I don't know exactly when I got addicted to her voice and missed her like death when she was not there, I don't know when I realise I have fallen in love." He said hurriedly, nervously.

He had always been eloquent but he was lost for proper words now. Good thing Aislin can't hear all this, she was asleep.

Folred looked shocked but nothing else not weirded out or mocking him.

"You love someone?" He confirmed and Ayduin just nodded in an innocent gesture.

"How is she like to make you fall in love?" Folred asked the question still in shock and with an awed tone.