➸ d a r k p r i s o n

Ayduin had no idea how long it has been since he had slept well or saw the light of day. He had always considered himself to be the dark and cold kind but he realised that the two were not that good. Someone at sometime gave him food but besides that there was no other sense around him.

He even tried walking to an unknown destination never really reaching there. His thoughts were dull, no sound of her. And then he had this insane sense of fear that he might not be able to listen to her again.

According to him counting days which he was not sure that right since he had lost some days in between when he was really angry, tired, hopeless or lazy, it had almost been a month or maybe slightly more. It had been long enough that he missed Folred, his weapons, and even his parents. Either the time in dark prison was getting to him or with Aislin in his head had softened him.

Besides the darkness and cold around there had been an addition to his tortures. Sometime in the day he heard wailing noises at some distance, he had tried following the voice but whenever he felt he was getting too close, the noises stopped. It would have been a horror, nerve chilling experince had there been other person beside Ayduin. He had always been rough this way.

But deep down in his heart, he knew that no matter how strong he held onto his nerves and hope, he cannot stay like this forever in here. He needed to get out, he needed to make a plan. He can't let his father be disappointed but then he realized was it good that he was here, if he would not rule, no land will be cursed.

Was this for the better? But no one had tried to kill him, yet. What did they want with him? Where were the other guardians, captured, safe? There were too many worries and no solution. He should have used Elf magic but he restrained himself. He seldom used it and even though he was good at it, trained since he was six but he avoided it because of the side effects it brought.

Before it didn't matter but now it did. It was believed among their elders that more use of elf magic made you stronger, ruthless and almost frozen to all emotions. Now he didn't want all his emotions to shut down, he felt most of them for the first time and he didn't want to let go of it now. And he was very sure Aislin wouldn't find a cold-hearted Prince really amazing.

"What do you want?" He suddenly yelled out in the darkness.

He had done that for past month multiple times but there has never been a reply. He expected nothing today.

Thank heavens! Ayduin you are alive and fine. But where are you? All I see is dark. Are you really okay? Ayduin went almost stiff with shock.

Was he dreaming? Is this real?

Aislin? He asked to confirm.

Yes, Ayduin. You can hear me, right? She asked sounding extremely vexed.

It was real. She was back, his voice of solace, his voice of hope was back.

I am fine. Where have you been? He asked not really angry or bothered, just really grateful she was here.

Long story, tell you later. But first I had a dream Ayduin and it might help you get out.

She said as if she one with a good plan ready to be executed.

This is going to be interesting. Ayduin thought to himself but she laughed when she heard him and Ayduin breath a sigh of relief and fresh air for him.

Her laughter made him realize, he cannot really live without her.

****

It was a city, a normal, tall building, busy roads, human chattering city. Aislin realized she was in a dream. It had to be a dream because for past thirty-five days she was in an artificially or rather magically induced coma. And this was a courtesy of none other than her so-called boyfriend, Darkmir. He visited her with flowers every alternate day and talked to her about random stuff like it was a no big deal she was lying there half dead and the person she actually liked was ... no idea where.