➸ t o u r g u i d e

A week, a week has passed since he made a fatal mistake. Okay not fatal, he was exaggerating but it felt like this. It was Hermit's fault, he had done something because without her voice in his head he felt hollow and lonely.

That was a new feeling since being alone was what he liked but now with her not talking and asking a question, it was eating him from within. He has severe temper issues, everyone told him that and she had to be the recipient on the other end of his anger. He had been rather harsh and vented out his father's anger on her.

She had not tried to talk to him in a week and forthrightly it was bothering him. Was she alright or was she just angry? He laughed out loud without humor, it was bewildering how he could actually worry about someone, a stranger.

No, she was not, she was actually the voice in his head.

But where was she? His ego was not allowing him to begin the talk but he was losing patience now. Seven days had never been this long.

He should feel grateful for the peace of his mind and for getting rid of unwanted talking but he was anything but grateful.

Besides that he had the choice of being the guardian, no actually it was not a choice it was an order he didn't want to follow. He was not fit to be a guardian.

Each realm was represented by their selected guardians. Guardians were the people who guarded the Flames of Vita- the flame of over 200 ft around which the five realms were built. No one has dared to attack it since the flame had the protection and power of its own. No one had any idea what the Flame could do but everyone knew that the Flames burning meant their survival.

It seemed quite impossible for anyone to extinguish a two hundred feet flames but the place had been attacked several times by forces dark and unknown. The previous guardian from Elm Lenora was guarding the flames for over hundred years and he died thirty days ago. Many say it was an attack by dark force.

What was the dark force no one had any idea, not even the omniscient Hermit who happen to be everywhere even with connections on earth?

They had attacked the Flame every other century or so. Guardian had to be alert, lethal, intelligent everything he was born to be an elf Prince but being a guardian also meant being surrounded by nothing but darkness around the flame. He had to travel with other fours guardians eliminating any threat, have council meetings with other realms and will be given his own private army to rule and command over.

Maybe he could have managed to be a guard, in worst situations he could also be a spokesperson and have council meetings but ruling over an army was not his scene.

He gave being general of his own army just because he was cursed. He would bring the curse to land or people he ruled over. As much of a lone wolf he was, he didn't want people to die. And he had no idea what will happen to the army allotted to him as Flames' guardian.

And he couldn't let his father know, he couldn't let anyone know. This was not only his weakness but also something that will make people abhor him. Being a future King he couldn't have that.

It is not your fault you know.

A pleasantly familiar voice echoed in his head. She was back!

Where were you? He asked the question with unintended desperation in his voice.

He silently cursed at his response to her voice.

You did tell me to get lost!

She was angry and he was relieved.

It was mere words said out in anger; don't put too much meaning behind them.