➸m e r m a i d s

It was Myth like every other dimension and realm had their own. Stories the old people, the imaginative people tell to entertain the crowd. Darkmir was just a myth, a devil that dwells in darkness, every child's nightmare, every souls doom. He was there in every story, as evil King or dark fae, the blood suckers or soul reaper.

And as much as people feared him, he was never believed in. He was never a reality.

Ayduin concluded in his mind that whatever Aislin was saying was purely a nightmare, a figment of dream and nothing close to reality because if it were to be true it will be deathly.

It was just a dream Aislin nothing else. He said it like he was convincing himself instead of her.

Yes, that's what I told you I had a nightmare. She said defensively.

Of course, he had just yelled at her unintentionally when she was not even at fault.

Are you fine? He finally asked the question that should have been asked first.

Shaken up a bit and cold, otherwise, I am fine. She said truthfully.

What is Darkmir that it worries you so much? She asked before she lost the courage to do so.

There are five realms built around Flame of Vita; Fairies of the winds, hunters of mountains, mermaids of the seas and warriors of the volcano and then there is us. These are the mermaids you were asking about. He explained completely ignoring her question about Darkmir.

He noticed her prolonged silence but then she finally replied gratefully not stuck on that topic. He was not ready to share the dangers to her right now.

Five Realms, uh? So, are Mermaids pretty? She asked moving nice and slow to her intended question.

His tension slips a notch and he laughed. With her, it was more often than rare that he laughed.

You can say that they are more attractive than pretty. He said.

What is the difference? She asked and he had to smile at her naive nature.

Some females are pretty, look nice but fails to attract any attention due to shyness or way they carry themselves. Few are not that beautiful and yet they know the tactics to allure males. He explained also deciding to which category did Aislin belong to.

Oh, that is very deep. So where do I belong? She asked and instantly killed herself virtually.

You are a combination of both and that is lethal. He said the words softly.

She almost shivered pleasantly at the compliment and then retraced back to senses. She could not get close, she was cursed and Ayduin had already been threatened and he was still in her head.

Only once she confirms of Darkmir's existence she will let go only support she held on to, Ayduin.

She turned the direction of their conversation which was getting intense at least for her.

Ha! So I know sneaky tactics to lure men? She said feigning annoyance.

I am sure you do. And from his voice, it was sure he was playing along.

Tell me more about Mermaids. She requested.

Don't you need more sleep Aislin, it's bad for you health to sleep so less? He scolded her like an over protective boy friend and the thought made her smile.

You still haven't shown me yourself and I am at a major disadvantage so it is better that you start giving me some information about Mermaids.

Fine, fine. It seems like I cannot face your wrath so I will tell you about Mermaids. They are the rulers of the sea portion and they have various water powers at their command. They are our strongest allies since ice and water had been closely related. They are both helpful and dangerous since they have fierce water monster at their command. But what makes them most dangerous is their power to sing.

Power to sing? She asked snickering with amusement.

Singing like sirens, they sing to enchant people. They can even sing and compel people to die. He explained with all seriousness.

Oh. It was all she could manage in response.

Mermaids were powerful then and it was clearly difficult to attack or hurt them.

So it will be pretty difficult to hurt them? She asked just to assure herself.

But the Prince was too smart for her.

Why do you ask so Aislin? He asked with a speculative tone.

No reason. She said lamely.

You are lying and that too so badly. He mocked her.

So do you have a female you like or the way you say it, is your beloved? Another attempt at the topic shift.

She heard Ayduin sigh; he knew she was trying to divert his attention.

Did you dream about something related to Mermaid, because before everything you asked me about Mermaids? He was too clever and put two and two together.

Since this might only be a dream and then you might not also believe me... She hesitated feeling stupid and guilty.

Tell me already Aislin. He said urgently yet gently.

There might be an attack on Mermaids.

***

LOL Her poor attempt at distracting the sharp Prince xD

Anyway... He is still in denial, There are five realms because people this is only the first part of Dreams Trilogy, a lot more to come.

But I am kind of worried if this is worth read or slow paced or whatever, please tell me your true opinions! :)