➸p o i n t o f n o r e t u r n

She was like the nagging conscience in his head. For some absurd reason she had taken it as a mission to get an answer out of him. But his decision was final he was not giving anymore reason to her to continue talking.

He was sure it was her painful dream he shared and that might have given her hope. Now there was some mental connection formed between them. And he was both scared and inquisitive about it. He had seen weird things in his land but this was not normal even for him. And what land did she belong to? Earth? Some enemy realm?

But fate, like always was against him. He had sworn to remain silent, to the girl named Aislin as she told him, but then he saw the bracelet on her hand through her eyes. He had been oblivious to every other detail through her eyes but he couldn't somehow ignore the jingle.

It was the same, exactly same as the one Hermit gave it to him. And in a moment of burning curiosity, he talked to her. It shook her heart giving her surprise and shock. But she answered him genuinely and unlike him, nicely. Maybe this was common with people of earth, talking in his heads.

It felt like she was relieved to hear from him. He felt a sudden guilt build inside him for troubling the girl who already had so much pain. Another typical feeling for him something he rarely felt, guilty for hurting someone.

The bracelet was the last present from her beloved, now dead. So he was the one she was facing in her nightmare, in which she was so desperate to die. There was deep sadness in her voice when she told him about it.

She still grieved his loss. But how come the bracelet was exactly like he had, this can't be a coincidence. Hermit was at play here.

Then she broke his thought process and asked who he was? Now, this was the point of decision, should he talk? He should not, he will not. This was not sane from anyone perspective, someone talking in your head and then even looking into another dimension from their eyes if the same thing crept in your thoughts because we usually think what we see.

But as his silence prolonged he could almost feel the disappointment and hurt emitting from her. Suddenly her teacher, presumed, asked her to be a part of something, a competition from a sense of announcement. So she was wise enough to compete in a competition where only two were selected, another boy named Anthony.

Her attention diverted to him but he was busy doing something. This annoyed Ayduin for some reason and then he realised he was doing the same, he was ignoring her.

And his sense of reason vanished somewhere and all the reasons nullified he commented on her intellect.

So he reached a point of no return now as he formally introduced himself.

Then she laughed a wonderful sound like bells ringing in a silent night and the wind carries that sound far away as a sound of hope. Her laughter left him awestruck, he heard laughter before; sinister laugh, sarcastic laugh, mocking laugh, fake laugh but her laugh was so genuine that though he can't see her but he could feel it reaching to her eyes and crinkling it in a pretty way.

Why did she laugh not that he was complaining, he had never heard such a breathtaking sound in his entire existence?

What is it that humours you Aislin? He asked realising that saying her name was weird as if he had the right to own that name.

Are you a Prince? Of what was that again? She asked her voice still filled with laughter.

She was mocking him; she couldn't believe he was a prince. And he should have been annoyed but her laughter was infectious. He felt it seeping through his brain.

Don't you believe me? Why, he wondered? Doesn't he sound like a prince?

Oh, I would have but you said Elm Lenora, is that a place? She was still giggling.

He had never felt so much happiness in one place. His mind was having an outwardly feeling.

Yes, it is. It is the name of my home, the realm of Ice Elves, Elm Lenora. And my father is the King so that naturally makes me the Prince. He tried to sound defensive but it was not coming out as annoyed as he wanted.

Ice Elves? Are you kidding, right? Or maybe you are not after all you are talking in my head. She said not sounding quite sure yet not mocking him now.

I will show you my place if you want. He said out the words out loud and winced at his grave mistake.

Why was he showing off to this girl? He doesn't need to impress her. He reasoned with himself that it was just to prove her that Elm Lenora existed.

But this was a dangerous offer. Showing her his world was like opening up to her which he didn't want all. It was letting someone into his forlorn world, something that both vexed and scared him.

Will you show me? Really? Don't you find me weird, just a voice in your head? She said sounding scared of something.

Was he weirded out? Yes, he was. Since the night he had met the hermit he had been hearing muffled noises and sometimes miserable sobs. Somehow now the muffled voice was clear and somewhat nice to hear.

Yeah, I will show you so that you don't mock me anymore.

What was he getting himself into?

Woah! I would love to escape my reality right now. She said it with so much gratification and joy that Ayduin stumped his inhibition.

Whatever it was he was now already into it.

***

The cold elf is in trouble a mere thought in his head is causing xD

How was the chapter? Short I know but that how it comes to my head :D

Will try quicker update! *promise*

Enjoy.