➸ n u m b n e s s

Aislin had fainted; from shock, from immense pain, from sickenss she had no idea. But now as she opened her eyes, panic gripped her. She was in hospital, that means her mother had found her in this state. It felt like she was dying not because she saw Ayduin melt into darkness but because she was really loosing all energy and felt like death was the next best thing.

She had proven to be a complete psycho and now she with be given some extreme treatment. But she had to know how was Ayduin. She knew that Folred would have panicked and King of elm Lenora would be furious and worried then but no one was connected to Ayduin like she was.

But all these were just thoughts going through her head. She could feel buzzing in her ear and unable to open her eyes completely. They were led heavy and her whole body was aching and dull. She tried to think something hard, to talk to Ayduin but her mind was also dulled and in a trance state.

Then it hit her, reason for the numbness coursing through her, she had been heavily sedated. It had happened before when she used to dream about probably Elm Lenora and Ayduin but all she could hear was dull noises in the background. She was back to from where she started.

She had to get off the sedatives, needed to get off the sedatives. But more she thought, more her head ached and more nauseous she felt. And soon she lost her consciousness again.

*****

Dark, completely dark, so dark that even after a while your eyes couldn't adjust to it. Ayduin heightened his already sharp senses to hear some noise, some movement, anything at all but without any success. His weapons were gone, even the ones he kept hidden.

He moved ahead counting the steps but after walking for too long nothing came, no bars, no wall, no gate. He knew he was walking on a path made with stones, multicolored stones probably but nothing was visible so he was not sure.

And though he was not scared he was feeling hopelessness creeping in.

He tried the most natural thing, talk to Aislin but there was no response. But it was a strange feeling like she was there and yet no reply came as if she was sleeping. Something like that has never happened so Ayduin thought maybe this was a trick of this place he was in.

He was thankful that Dullahans had not killed anyone and simply targeted him. It almost made him smile when he thought how hyper and miserable Folred would be now that his beloved master was taken away.

But the question still lurked in his mind; why him? It was amazing though how Aislin dreamt about or did she? He shook his head in an attempt to shake away any distrusting thoughts regarding Aislin. He cannot stay away from the girl so he had no choice but to trust her.

And for now she was his only hope. So with an idea in mind, he carefully lied down on the path he was walking. It can't get any worse than him being held captive by some darkness pawns. So he decided to get some sleep because when nothing worked they had connected through actual dreams, when their senses were shut off of to outside world, when they almost dead except for each other.

****

"Lina, how are you feeling?" Her mother whispered at her side.

She was still half conscious but her mother didn't know that. She talked as if talking to a dead person. She was crying and her shoulders sagged as if she had to carry all the burden in this world.

Aislin tried to respond but no voice came out, her mind was still hazy.

"I am sorry, I am sorry that you had to go through all this pain at such a young age." She sobbed lightly holding her really pale hands.