➸ s i l v e r l i n i n g

Ayduin was amazed how detailed her dream was. If it hadn't been for her dream he would never know how to get out of this. It was like they were a God made team. Listening her voice was motivation enough and now she even told him how to escape.

But-But I had no way to mark the path so I have to ask for help. But the hermit is not answering and I am worried...She was speaking rapidly in concern.

Aislin, I am an elf. I just need a tiny glimpse of escape. If you have walked through these tunnels, I can smell your essence and find the path outside.

Well, that was a good news, if he can't see any aura of hers at least he can smell her. Will she smell bad, she had been in the hospital for too long, her smell might not be pleasant or appealing. Good thing her mother was generous enough to keep her clean.

When I was walking there in dreams, I can feel your aura, therefore, I knew you were there. Aislin told him trying to indicate that he might also look for aura instead of smell.

Ayduin was silent for few moments.

It is really dark where you are, I can't see anything when you think of the surrounding through your eyes. It's amazing how sane you still are. I might have been scared to death by now or madness at least.

She felt awkward when Ayduin made no comment to her aura information. Was this something, can other's can't feel auras and that too through dreams?

It is truly amazing Aislin. Ayduin said sounding awe-inspired and happy.

What is? She asked not sure what he was talking about, prison?

It is destiny, I can't say otherwise no matter how much I refuse. Among the five realms, it is a tradition to hold a ball for all the eligible bachelors and maidens. But the purpose is not dancing, it never is for people like us. It is to see who can see whose aura. The people who are made by same heavenly sand can sense each other's aura. You know what that means Aislin... they are actually a match made in heaven.

Elves generally do not find such pairs and end up in profitable marriages. We are believed to be to stone cold that no match had been made for us. So it is truly amazing how you can feel my aura even through dreams.Ah, what a pleasure to think we might be a match made in heaven! Ayduin explained all this in a dreamy tone, amazement still lingering.

Aislin was speechless, at what seeing the aura meant, that Ayduin felt this was amazing and not scary even after he knew about her curse and that he thought it was a pleasure to think that she was his soul mate.

Ayduin sudden confession of his ambiguous feeling stunned her, terrified her and elated her altogether. He liked her, more than a friend should, more than a voice murmuring in your head should. But why did he like her, he had not seen her in her best condition, he might not even trust her and most importantly dude knew she was cursed in a way that could be fatal for him if she reversed the feelings.

But right now all that was swimming in her head was; he liked her.

You can't think like that Ayduin, see where knowing me got you. You are in an almost inescapable prison of dark demons, dullahans. Liking me might kill you. She said stubbornly not quite sure she wanted him to remind all this.

So I need my weapons If I need to get past dullahans, even if I cant hurt them. He said completely ignoring her reminder, her warning.

She sighed and continued, his escape was important.

She told him everything, where she saw his weapons, the charm he wore and how way outside the countryside since in her dreams she had footprints to follow which might not be true for Ayduin in real time.