➸ t h e d a n c e

Romantic, intimate, and warm are just a few ways to describe Darkmir's elaborate ballroom.

Coffered ceilings, alabaster chandeliers accented in gold, a built-in granite and mahogany bar, and architectural columns that define the dancing area make the Ballroom a perfect setting for seventy-five or more guests. It was entering a house of a billionaire with a space allotted for such lavish parties.

As Aislin walked in it felt like a palace straight from Disney movies. God, this was so wrong, this place belonged to personified darkness, how come the chandelier above them was shining so brightly.

Darkmir felt an unfamiliar tug as he saw her walk in. Guests here were not some normal humans, they were the high class, most influential and darkened ones. She stood out among them. She was wearing a floor-length ice blue dress, the cloth clung to her curves perfectly emphasizing the right areas. Her hair was tied in a side french braid giving her a look of a princess. Her eyes searched for a familiar face while she repeatedly kept licking her lips in anticipation.

In every word, she was looking extremely beautiful. Darkmir had been known for being the driven by lust, the darkest of desires but for now seeing the naive girl here, he felt a dull sense of lust but mostly his breath was taken away. It was a novel experience for him after having sex with millions of women.

"Aislin, it is a pleasure having you here." He said finally putting a rest to her frantic eyes.

"Why am I here, there is no one from the school?" She said venting out her discomfort and then bit her tongue lightly.

She was not supposed to be angry, she had to be charming. She had put a lot of effort into getting dressed up today but it didn't faze the mighty darkness even a bit.

"I never said there will be people from school. You are here as my date." Darkmir stated with ease.

Aislin sighed, she was hating this and after all this Darkmir actually looked gorgeous. She realized that only looks weren't needed for falling in love because no matter how devastatingly handsome Darkmir she couldn't bring up the feeling she felt for Ayduin who she hasn't even seen once.

He suddenly took her hand in his sending a jolt through her and before she could pull away he interlinked their arms. Giving her a smile, he started pulling her along.

"I have a present for you." He said as they moved past the crowd.

I don't need any present from you, you filthy piece of shit. She thought.

"What is it?" She had to reform her words into this.

Finally, they reached a room, small and dark. Fear constricted her throat as he pulled her along. Then he stopped before a large box.

"This is your Christmas gift, open it." He said with a crooked smile really beautiful.

She was relieved to actually find a gift and genuinely curious she immediately lifted the cover of the large wooden box.

She gasped out loud in awe. A brilliant piece of sword lay inside the box. It was gleaming in the darkness of the room. The hilt was a deep shade of crimson with intricate gold work. Her Aislin was etched on the blade. She grasped the hilt and lifted the sword gently as if it was not a weapon but something fragile.

It was well balanced in her hand and she had the urge to use it in a battle.

"I know that you attended sword fighting classes, so.." He smiled at her appreciatively.

"It is unwise on your part to hand me a weapon. I could strike you now." She said quite sure it will be useful.

And also it has been only a week since she has started her training and all for Ayduin, now he couldn't even see.