Chapter 8 A Day Before The Interviews

I woke up laying on Cato´s hand. He was already awake and playing with my hair. I smiled.

"Good morning."

"Good morning."

    He kiss me on my forehead, which I was expecting be on my mouth.

"Want to go get breakfeast?"

"In 10 minuetes?"

"Alright."

   I got up to go to the bathroom, but Cato got my hand.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"To the bathroom."

"No, stay with me."

"Fine, you want me to pee here?"

"Alright go."

   I smiled and he let me go. I got out of the bathroom and Cato was gone.

"Cato? Babe are you here?"

    Cato entered my room.

"Hey, I needed to pee too."

"Did you wash your hands?"

"Yeah mom."

"Dont call me mom."

"Alright little one."

"It had been a lot of time since you didnt call me that. Remember the time when I kick you dads butt for hitting you."

"Yeah, you got a knife, and you made him a very bad cut."

"Yup. Come on I want to go to eat."

"Alright." 

   He got me by the hand, and we went to the table.

"Good morning everyone."

"Good morning Clove."

   I sat next to Cato. Finally I can get a seat next to Cato. I think to myself. For breakfeast was a LOT of food. Pancakes with strawberries, bacon and eggs, cereal and every single fruit there could be in the whole planet. I got 2 pancakes.

"So what are we doing today?"

"Today, you are practicing for the Interviews."

"The whole day?"

"Yes. After 10 hours, you are taking a break. Then tomorow you are going to be in the Interviews, and the next day, you will go into the arena."

"Ok."

   I finished my pancakes and got some fruit. I finish eating and I went to brush my teeth and went with Finlop.

"So, with what are we starting?"

"Well, do you know how to walk in high heels?"

"I never liked the idea, but kind of."

"What do you mean kind of?"

"Ok, I dont."

"We will start with manners. Then with the high heels."

   Finlop is the defenition of manners. He should me how to sit, walk, talk, eat, and even sleep. We spend about 6 hours with the manners, then the most terrifieing part. The walking in high heels. He gave me these black high heels. They where very pretty, but too tall. We spend the next 4 hours working on my high heels thing, and on my posture.

"We are finish Clove. Now, you have the rest of the day free."

"Really we are done?"

"Yes. You may leave."

"Ok. Thanks Finlop."

   I hugged him and left the room. I went running to my room, took a bath, and lean on my bed. Then Cato came in.

"Hey."

"Come with me."

"Now what? A fantasy world?"

"Something much better."

"Oh, I want to see."

  I got up and followed him. He told me to cover my eyes. I covered them with a piece of velvet and he said.

"Give me your hand."

   I gave it to him and he guided me. We went through a lot of stairs, aproximately 50 stairs. Then I hear a door open. He took the velvet away from my eyes. When he took it, we where on the roof, and the sunrise was bearly starting.

"Its gorgeous."

"Yeah, but not as much as you."

"Yeah, whatever. The sunrise is not as gorgeous as me. Yeah right."

"Its true."

   I smiled. For the rest of the day, we just sat there, in silence, until he said.

"Clove."

"Yeah?"

"Promise me that if we are in the bottom 2, you will be the one to kill me."

"I cant promise you that."

"Just promise me it. Please, I dont want to get killed by other hands that are not yours."

"Only if you promise me that too."

"Ok. I do, I promise."

   I smiled and lean on his chest.

"I wish I could liv in this moment forever."

"Yeah, me too."

   I looked over at him. At his beautiful eyes. His blue eyes.

"I love you Cato."

"I love you more."

"No, I love you more."

"No. I love you more."

"I love you more than you love me."

"Dam it. You won. I surrender."

    I giggle, and lean over to kiss me. We kissed for more than 10 minuetes, then we breaked apart.

"Clove, do you still remember how your parents died?"

"Yes. I do remember it. If it wasnt for that guy, Skye wouldnt be living."

"What guy?"

"That guy that saved her from the fire. I dont remember his name, but he died or got killed a few days later."

"Wow. The hero got killed."

"Yup. Its getting chilly out here, come on lets go to your room or my room, or the living room."

"Alright little one."

"Hey; didnt I told you not to call me like that?"

"Yeah. 2 years ago."

"Yeah but still."

"Come on. You know you are my little one."

"Yeah but."

"But what?"

"But nothing."

"Alright then. Come on."

    He handed his hand. I got it and we went to the living room. We turned on the chiminey and we went to sleep.