Chapter 2 The Reaping

Clove´s POV

        I woke feeling tired and weak. Today is the reaping and I am scared Cato volunteers.

"Skye!"

"Yeah Clove?"

"Remember that today, if you get picked, I will volunteer for you."

"Dont Clove, dont do anything stupid. Please."

"Hey; I promise mom that I would protect you. And I will keep that promise, she is not here, only us two, ok?"

"Ok."

"Come on, go take a bath, I will pick a outfit for you."

                                                         She nodded and obeyed. I went to her room and got out her favorite dress, the baby blue with ribbon trim. I went to my bathroom and got ready. I put my blue dress. We where walking to the town square to get in.

"Skye, go get in there."

"Alright."

                                                       The reaping started. This weird looking guy that look in his 20´s went to the microphone.

"Welcome! The time has come to select the tributes from District 2! But first lets see this video we have brought from the capitol!"

                                                    The reaping bearly started and this guy is anoying the hell out of me. Yes, yes the dark days blah, blah, blah. Just pick the tributes so I can get the hell out of here!

"Know! Lets pick the ladie!"

                                           The guy got a paper from the huge bowl.

"Skye Guardia!"

                                       No, not Skye, not my Skye, not my little sister. She went up on stage so confident and proud of being picked.

"Any volunteers?"

"I volunteer!"

                                I raised my hand and walked up stage. Skye burst into tears.

"Whats your name?"

"Clove Guardia."

"Know for the boys!"

"I volunteer!"

                              No, not Cato, why did he volunteer?

"Give a round of applause to your tributes!"

        Everyone clapped, but I couldnt bare to think that if Cato and I am in the arena, we have to kill each other, even if it hurts. No, I cant live without Cato. He is my life. We where got from the arms, like prisonors, and got inside the Justic Bulding. Know, the goodbye´s. I didnt want to say goodbye. ´

"You have three minutes."

         Skye came with tears on he eyes, to my arms.