9

I'm trying to figure out how grades work.
Hey look, it's George Salazar and Will Roland.
Also, I know be more chill was set in junior year but I'm gonna set it in senior don't mind me.

M

Seven eleven was practically dead. I grabbed some sushi (salmon 'cause it's my favorite.) and asked for a blue raspberry slushy.

As I walked into school, I felt someone push me against some lockers. Okay. That's fine. I'm used to it.

"Don't. Move." oh hey strangely boyish ominous voice, didn't see ya there.

I heard a marker pen squeak, "You wash this off, you're dead."

Deader than I am inside? That's difficult.

"Don't- Don't move!" I heard the guy run away. He sounded small.

I walked away, not bothering to look back or at my bag. I checked my timetable, my first period was Mr Murphy. Great.

I went there quickly before the bell went, not wanting to get caught in the tidal wave of students.

The music block was seperate from the main school so it took longer and was, of course, nearer to the weed and alcohol kids that hide in crevices behind the school.

I sat on the floor against the outside wall of the music block, sipping my slushy.

"Hey, loser."

That word. That fucking word. I don't know why is gets to me that much. I could feel my breathing pick up, my hands clawing at my sleeve cuffs.

"Oh hey, Richie, Jakey, what tourture is it today?"

"Don't call us that, fatty. We just thought we'd have a few words before you're nerdy boyfriend got here."

"But-t he's not-"

"Shush, we know you're a fag, you even have a patch to prove it."

My breathing was getting faster and my eyes were watering ever so slighty.

"Not gonna speak? Waiting for your daddies to save you? Oh, ones in there isn't he? 'Cause your Mommy didn't care enough about you. I heard she was a psycho."

"N-no. And wha-at about your pa-parents, Jake? Laundered mo-money. On the ru-run from th-the cops."

"Oh you're really gonna get it now." He picked me up by the hoodie strings, choking me. I heard a door open quietly and I was thrown against the wall, rapid footsteps were running away.

"Oh hey Michael, you okay there?"

"O-oh yeah. I'm-I'm fine." I took a deep breath, "I'm fine."

"You seem shaken up, come inside and calm down a bit. It's cold."

"O-okay."

I walked up the slope and took a seat in Mr Murphy's classroom.

"Couldn't find Jeremy this morning?"

"No. I think he's taking the bus today though."

"Okay. Is he coming over later?"

"Probably. He usually does."

And I really can't wait to see him. He might make me feel better. He tends to have that effect on people no matter how awkward he is.

My player two.