❤︎Chapter 25: Nursing You Back To Health

"Waaaah! Where's the soup we bought?!"

"I don't know..."

"Tomomi, where's the thermometer!"

"Is there any Tylenol?!"

"Who's going to help him to the bathroom!"

"Not meeeeee~!"

"You haven't done anything since we got here, REINA!"

"Look, I'm just trying to hang out with everyone."

"DID ANYONE MAKE THE TEA!"

"No! Everything in the kitchen is so high tech looking and none of the staff would let me in there!"

"Oh my god, you're all FAILURES!"

"Ugh...you guys..."

The room goes silent as a sickly Tomomi sits up slowly in bed. When we found out he'd caught a cold and couldn't come to school, our entire group of friends decided to pitch in to grab him some get well soon items from the local pharmacy. We brought him his schoolwork to do at home when he was feeling better and even decided to stay and take care do him, but it ended up being a disaster.

Tomomi's mansion was humongous. I got lost so many times just trying to find the bathroom. We attempted to make him a giant pot of chicken noodle soup, but the chef and maids wouldn't let us into the kitchen and made it themselves.

When we tried to straighten up Tomomi's room for him, the maids came in and ruined our plans! And we couldn't coordinate who would give him medicine, either, because the doctor that came to visit didn't think anything would be effective.

In the end, we just got in the way of everything and kept Tomomi from resting with our pointless yammering.

I run across the wooden floor and when I'm at a great enough distance, I slid on my sock feet toward his bedside playfully and get down on my knees to lower myself to his level. Tomomi rests his back against the headboard of his queen sized bed and takes the cold towel I had placed on his forehead off to pat at his face.

"Yes, Tomomi? How are you feeling?"

"I'm fine, but...you guys are really overdoing it. It's just a cold."

"But you had a fever!" Aimi points out, folding her arms over her chest and settling down next to me. Ryou placed a glass of water down on the nightstand and I handed it to Tomomi with eagerness. He takes it from me and starts to drink.

Chiharu leans toward me and starts to whisper in my ear, "You should do that thing in animes and dramas and junk where they give water by mouth to their lovers..."

I rolled my eyes, "Stop it, Chiharu."

"Really, I'm going to be alright. You don't all have to be here...in fact, I only need Momoka."

"OOOOH!"

The room filled with gasps. I immediately turned red, my brown eyes widening in shock as my Tomomi shot me a look and a playful wink. Without another word, all of our friends jumped up and scrambled to grab their things and leave. I shouted at them to come back, but they didn't even pause to say goodbye.

As i looked back at Tomomi, he was leaning back casually in his bed, grinning.

"Now that they're all out of the way, how about some alone time?"

❤︎

Tomomi's POV

A few hours passed. 

Momoka and Tomomi talked for hours. It wasn't necessary, but Momoka was at Tomomi's beck and call, grabbing him water, tea, soup, helping him walk to the bathroom. She was devoted to him like a cute little puppy. Although he told her over and over that it was unecessary, it actually made him really happy they could be together like this.

Eventually, Momoka started reading a book to Tomomi and he fell soundly asleep. With the soft piano music playing on his phone, she was lulled to sleep as well, lying with her top half on the edge of the bed...

The two of them slept so peacefully that they didn't stir the entire night. Not even when Momoka's phone went off from the dozens of calls and texts from her mother and siblings.