❤︎Chapter 12: Leave it to Me!

It was Wednesday night.

Tomomi and I were texting back and forth about our experiences concerning our black mailers.

T: I was pretty impressed, either way.

M: With them?

T: Yeah. They felt so strongly about you that they went to face me. In the end, they were only thinking about what they thought was best for you.

M: Exactly! What they THOUGHT was best for me. Honestly, it's very rude invading my personal life like they own me or something! And they don't even talk to me! I'm so angry!

T: About Nanami, the two of us have rarely had an actual conversation, even as classmates. It infuriates me to think of all of those things she said to you! What's she know, anyway? Of course my feelings for you are real.

I had to set my phone down for a minute, my heart pounding relentlessly. I swung my fluffy sock feet around as I rolled all over my bed excitedly, wanting to burst on the spot.

My heart was going to have to calm down so I could reply to Tomomi.

M: Thank you, Tomomi. I'm so happy to hear that. It still makes me wonder to this day how someone as amazing as you could fall for someone like me. I wish everyone could just accept our feelings for each other and leave us alone.

T: Momoka, you're so pure. I don't want to see you get hurt from pointless jealousy anymore.
I want to solve this.

M: I do, too! But...I'm not sure how.

T: I'll figure it out tomorrow. I won't keep you up any longer. Good night!

M: Good night, Tomomi!

I set my phone down next to my head and crawl under my covers. As I close my eyes and settle comfortably in a potential sleeping position,I start to think.

What was Tomomi going to do?

What was I going to do?

I had to do something -- I couldn't just sit around. With this in mind, I start to drift off....

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

"Momoka, let's hold hands."

I stare at Tomomi with widened eyes. My legs -- which were carrying me down the sidewalk toward him -- froze entirely. My mouth closed, having just opened to say good morning.

The dark, beautiful eyes before me stare back in silence. I can see my reflection in them, and my reddened, shocked face in his glasses.

"T-Tomomi...." Is all I can say. Tomomi scratches behind his ear, finally showing me an expression. He looks slightly embarrassed, as if he hadn't known his abrupt suggestion would come out so strangely.

"Oh, I....it's just...I want to prove it to everyone....that we're dating.. The people against us will finally see us walking confidently together."

My heart does its Tomomi fangirling in my chest. I place my hand over it, feeling myself smiling all of a sudden. I nod silently, eyes falling to the gentle hand reaching toward mine.

Our fingers intertwine and I'm too shy to look up at Tomomi. It was different than the time I had pulled him toward the tree to confess. This time, it made me feel so happy I thought I would burst.

"Ah, but... Also, I really want to hold your hand. Because I like you." Tomomi leans closer to me and I look up into his eyes, totally red.

"...Momoka, if we're both red like this, everyone will think we're awkward..." Tomomi pointed out.

I grin, "Well, we are!"

"Haha! Let's get to class."

And so that was the first time we ever showed our public affection. The entire school watched our every step, glaring at our tightly clasped hands like we were the only happy couple in a sea of miserable boyfriends and girlfriends.

Tomomi's hands and mine were so tightly locked they not even a karate-chopping master could slice them apart. I had never felt more proud, embarrassed, and scared all at the same time.

❤︎❤︎❤︎❤︎

It was just before class would start. Tomomi and I had only let go of each other when we walked through the doors. Some of our classmates teased us, and others muttered their jealousy under their breath.

I made eye contact with Daisuke-San almost immediately. When he saw Tomomi's hand in mine, his eyes were so infuriated that I thought his glasses would melt off his face.

When our eyes met, however, his cheeks flushed and he frantically picked back up on the drawing atop his desk.

"Geez.." I sigh, wondering what he even liked about me.

Whatever! Doesn't matter. He's getting in your way, so get him out.

I plop my stuff down and take a deep, trembling breath as I head over to Daisuke's desk. He leans further into his drawing. I was amazed with how flexible and long his neck was.

"U...um, Daisuke-San....?" I say nervously. Daisuke presses his glasses up his nose with his finger tips before looking up at me shyly.

"N...Namida!" He's shocked to see me and averts his gaze completely. I take a deep breath to calm myself. I
HAD to do this. I knew what I was getting into when Tomomi and I started dating.

"I..."

You're in Tomomi and my's way, and it's time for you to move. I clench my fists, glaring at Daisuke.

"Meet me at the shoe lockers after school today. 3:45 sharp."

A/N: Character development is very new to me but it's something I like seeing in other stories, so I'm really tossing it around in this one. Hope you enjoyed, I'll update soon!