❤︎Chapter 3: The Two of Us...Dating!

It was silent once again as we left the school ground together. Tomomi walks with his long, graceful legs while I struggle to keep up with him with my short ones.

I hate being short...

Along the way, Tomomi seems to notice that I can't keep up and slows down considerably. I smile to myself at how sweet he is and open my mouth to speak.

I had been so nervous to ask Tomomi about our relationship, and I had forgotten that I had only just confessed this morning! And look where that got me! A double confession. So why shouldn't be nervous about this one?

"Tomomi," I giggle as his first name rolls off my tongue. It was so fitting for him. Calling him by his first name truly meant we were becoming closer.

"Yes, Momoka?"

It sounded even better when he said my first name! Oh, my! I was really starting to have more respect for the name "Momoka."

"Um...well...me and the girls were talking...and a question came up that I couldn't answer..."

"And what was that?" He turns his gaze on me, his eyes warm. I blush and shyly avert my gaze, clutching the handle on my bag.

"Are we...what would you...you know, say that...well, you know....what would you...well, you know? You get what I'm saying?"

Tomomi burst into laughter before he stops walking. He tosses his head back, his beautiful hair sliding out of his face as he gives a hearty laugh that echoes down the empty streets. I looked down at my arms, which were raised in the air and curse to myself when I realize I'd been flailing them around again. Reina said I tended to talk with them when I got nervous.

I had planned to cut down on that.

Especially in front of Tomomi.

"Ah...dang it." I blush as I fold my arms over my chest to keep them still, turning away from Tomomi in embarrassment.

His laughing stops as he notices this and he swiftly steps in front of me to lean down and meet my gaze. I look down at his face by accident and try to turn in another direction to avoid him.

"Momoka...come on. I'm sorry for laughing, you were being so cute and funny just now. Look at me!"

"No, it's a bad habit, don't call it cute..!" I blushed a deeper shade and turned in an entire circle trying to get away from him. Tomomi takes my hand in his and I stop.

"If you don't stop now, I'll have to hug you tight again and you won't be able to move."

I stop, nodding obediently and turn to face him properly. There were still kids from our school walking down the same street and I didn't know what I would do if they saw us hugging.

"Alright, alright."

"I understood you earlier, you know. You want to know our relationship's status?"

"...Right."

I look up at him shyly and his face nears all of a sudden. His cheeks look like they've become a slight pink and his beautiful eyes make me want to melt as they reflect the sunset glow.

"'Dating' is what they call it, I suppose."

"Dating..." My heart pounds as I release a breath I'd been holding. The word sounded so perfect.

I look directly at Tomomi and giggle uncontrollably, "Dating!"

"Yep."

"Dating! Tomomi, we're dating!" I hop up and down like a little kid and dance in circles around the guy I'm dating.

Tomomi just sits back and chuckles lightly at my excitement. I let out all my happy energy, somehow completely comfortable with showing him how dorky I could get.