❤︎Chapter 9: President Nanami

Tomomi pulled out his cellphone when he felt it buzz. The teacher asked him a quick question, and after answering it without hesitation, he looked down at the screen. Either she didn't notice or she didn't care -- he was an honors student, after all. As arrogant as it sounded, missing 2 minutes of the teacher's talk about something he already knew shouldn't hurt his grade...

The thought vanished when he saw Momoka's name on his phone, which he secretly placed emoji hearts into. He smiles to himself like a lovesick fool as he reads her message. Getting messages from her were so exciting.

Momoka: So, after school today, I'm heading over to the Prince Tomo Club with the girls to visit President Nanami-San.

Tomomi wasn't sure how he felt about it now. He could tell she had been nervous about it when the girls brought up the idea during lunch. He didn't want her getting picked on by the girls when she arrived. Nanami was an honors student as well and occasionally rubbed in her smarts and good looks and riches to those beneath her. There was no doubt she had at least told someone to send the text to Momoka.

Tomomi texts back with a worried expression.

Tomomi: Mm, please be careful. If possible, let Reina-San do the talking.

Momoka: Huh?! Why?

Tomomi was surprised and could only wait for her to send the next message. Had he offended her somehow...?

Momoka : Tomomi, she's threatening OUR relationship, not my friends'. It's up to me! I have to do this and get to the bottom of it and figure out how to solve it.

Tomomi felt his chest grow warm as he read her text over and over. She was so sweet and determined -- that side of her made her even more beautiful. He imagined he would really have a heart attack if he saw her get in a girls' fight over him. The pleasant image crossed his mind and he let it wander, not caring about the weird looks he got from his friends

Momoka Namida fighting over me...

Tomomi: You're so cute. I understand. I'm cheering for you. Just be careful anyway, alright?

Momoka : ;)

••❤︎••

"You nervous?"

"A little bit.."

I'm in the hallway being led by the girls to the room the club is held after school that day. As I said I would do. Which is rare because for me to do something like this goes completely out of my comfort zone. Unfortunately, I had a weak side to me. I didn't succeed in fighting for things I wanted. Weather it be a stuffed animal or a simple sibling's argument. I tended to give up when I thought it was necessary. I just wasn't...born assertive, I guess.

I was only here now because of my persuasive and obnoxious friends. They were really going to embarrass me. Whenever we went somewhere together, they caused a scene.

"Momoka-chan," Reina stopped to look at me with her sparkling eyes. They were really pretty when they became serious. Her curls whip around her cheeks.

"Yes, Reina..?"

"You know we're here to support you, right?"

My friends look at me gently and I smile back at them with a nod, "Yeah, I know."

"If you really love Tomomi, you've got to fight for him! Let's go!"

"Wait, we're already here?!"

"HELLLLLLLLLOOOOOO!"

Chiharu slammed her way through the door like a police officer getting through a locked entrance. I would have laughed if 40+ girls weren't looking back at us in shock.

"What in the world?" A beautiful girl with waist length blond hair placed her hands on her wide hips. Judging my her presence and the way she glared at me, I could tell she was the one we were looking for.

"Sorry to interrupt. We need to ask the club President about an urgent situation." I said in a shaky voice when Aimi nudged me.

Instead of making a face, Nanami smirked and waved at the girls watching her attentively. She was like a tiny teacher.

"Be right back." She grins at them and STRUTS over to me. I try to remain calm and stand my ground. After all, she was expecting me to back down and be weak against her.

"Hello. You must be Namida-San. I'm Nanami Furukawa. Nice to meet you."

"Yeah..." I balled up my fists and glared at her. Who the heck does she think she is, getting in the way of my relationship with Tomomi?! What a nosy and pathetic thing to do.

"So...what's this you've all come to talk with me abo--"

"I think we all know." Chiharu glared deeply at her and Nanami's smile vanished. She stepped closer to me and bent down so she was speaking directly to me. She must have been my upperclassman with how tall she was. If she was in a class with Tomomi, it made sense considering the fact that he was so smart he could skip a grade.

"Oh. So it's the problem concerning the texts I sent you."

My teeth clenched together, "So you admit it!"

"It's getting rather noisy in here. Let's take this to the hallway." Nanami grabbed my arm and led me out the door. I looked back at my friends with wide eyes.

"Hold up!" All three of them took a step toward us, but President Nanami shot them a glare. "I don't think I said anything about the bodyguards coming along. It's between me and her."

Reina folded her arms over her chest, "BODYGUARD?! Look at me! I'm a model!"

Nanami and I both rolled our eyes as we left the room. It was dead quiet as we stood in the hallway facing each other. I felt like she would attack me at any moment....

If you love Tomomi, fight for him.

"Furukawa-San. Your message toward me wasn't funny. I don't plan on playing your game, either."

Nanami raised a brow and I myself was surprised at the fieriness in my voice. I didn't feel the slightest bit intimidated by her now. I had felt braver than ever before.

It was the same feeling I had felt when I decided to confess my feelings.

Was it all because of Tomomi?

"A game? No. It's definitely not a game. You're not fit for Tomomi and that's just it. You'll only slow him down on the glorious path God has set him on. Tomomi deserves someone wonderful, intelligent and as beautiful as him."

"And who are you to say that? I may not be an honors student, or half as beautiful as you are, but I l-like Tomomi, and...he likes me too!"

Nanami grinned at my uncertainty, "Oh, he likes you, huh? Are you sure?"

I wanted to say yes. But you can't ever know how much someone loves you. After all, we're all individuals. I'll never know. Probably never.

My insecurities were beginning to get the best of me. Before I knew it, my eyes were getting hot and teary.

"What's the matter? You finally realized it's true?" Nanami smiled.

"N-No! He likes me, and the very words came out of his mouth!"

"You don't know a thing about Tomomi."

"Th...That's not true!" Yes it was. I didn't know as much as the club members did, and we were DATING.

"Why he would ever choose someone like you is beyond me."

"Stay away from me! Our relationship is none of your business! That's what I came here to say! And that's the end!"

With that, I turn and ran back down the hall and back home.

And I cried all the way to my doorstep.