Chapter 34 Old Times

When my phone finally calmed down, I leaned over the bench and grabbed my phone only to quickly retract my hand from the hot object. Sighing, I decided to let it cool and went to make myself a snack and turn on the television. I sat down on the couch and looked at the clothes I had been wearing all day and internally debated on whether or not I should go and change into something more comfortable, before shrugging to myself and taking a bite of my chocolate chips. 

My phone had been silent for the time being and I smiled at the silence, snuggling further into the couch and closing my eyes, letting the chips drop to my lap. A quiet yawn escaped my lips and I let sleep overcome me, the sound of the television becoming just a hum in my mind. 

*****

I woke up to my mother pulling a small blanket over my body, my father standing beside her. I sat up and looked at them, "it's been a while since we've seen you so peaceful baby girl." My mother whispered, placing her hand on my forehead. 

"Things have been crazy the past few weeks," I sighed, looking at them. That was an absolute understatement my subconscious laughed bitterly inside my head.

"Well, we're always here for you sweetheart; you can talk to us about anything, things don't have to solely lie on your shoulders." My father reminded, as he placed a hand on my shoulder. 

I looked at my parents and gave them a nod and genuine smile, before another yawn escaped my lips. "Seems as though you need to get some sleep." My mother spoke lightly, hauling me up and off the couch.

"Time for us all to go to bed actually, its practically midnight." My father pointed out, looking at the clock on the wall in front of me. 

I nodded and stood from the couch and went to grab my phone from the counter it was on when I got home. It had finally seemed to cool down and I could check my messages, but I chose to put them off as long as possible and slipped the device in my pocket. I quickly went and gave both of my parents a kiss on the cheek, before hopping up the steps to my bedroom.

Went entering the familiar, small room, I was glad to see the sight of my bed. I easily maneuvered around the scattered dirty clothes which I had yet put in my hamper and put my phone in charge on my nightstand, before going to find something comfortable to slip on for bed. 

The process went by quickly and soon I was in my warm and cozy bed, drifting into yet another blissful rest. 

___________________________________________________________________________________

I'm back! My New Years resolution was to be more active on all my social media lol so updates will be here for all the books ASAP!

Another chapter will be up for this book soon, I'm sorry that I keep disappearing, who knew life could be so time consuming???

Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed this little glimpse into Kenzies' family life 

Love you All <3