Chapter 28 The Reason

Chapter 28

"Alright, Izzy... Truth or Dare?" Adrian asked.

"Um... Dare?"

"Alright, I dare you to tell us why you won't let Kenzie have any breathing space." He said seriously.

The room was completely silent as I avoided Izzy's glances at me. I knew I should have helped her, but I was curious to know that answer too. She hadn't been this clingy before and I really wanted to know why; I just wanted some breathing room.

"That's not a dare." She mumbled.

"Well you never specified any type of dare, so answer my question." He stated.

"Fine; I just think if I give her any breathing room she'll find someone better than me and I'll be thrown away like I was some unimportant piece of garbage." She sighed.

"Izzy, you know I wouldn't do something like that to you. The fact that you aren't letting me have breathing room would cause that rather than letting me freely live my life." I sighed, turning to face her.

I could see the tears threatening to spill, but I had to tell her the truth; I couldn't lie to her. If she wanted me to be happy and not do something so horrible to her, then she needed to trust me and not try controlling my every move.

"I'm sorry," she sniffed.

"It's alright, just talk to me and stop assuming things okay?"

"Alright." She nodded.

The others cleared their throats awkwardly and I turned away from my distraught girlfriend and looked at them. "You guys can stay down here and keep playing; I'm going to take her upstairs so she can get her mind cleared up a bit." I mumbled, standing up and taking Izzy's hand pulling her up easily.

"Harry's been here a bunch of times so if you need help with anything he can help you guys while I'm gone." I said as I ushered Izzy towards the stairs up to my bedroom.

She was quiet the whole way, but I don't mind, it gave me some time to think about what I just learned down there. I honestly couldn't blame her for thinking I would find someone else with all the drama that had been going on this year, but I just thought she had more faith and trust in me. She acted as if she'd just met me and I couldn't believe this was the girl I've known for so many years.

As we reached the top of the stairs I led her towards my bedroom door, shoving it open and directing her to my bed before going to close the door and turning to face her. Her head was still down as she continued to sniffle; I let out a breath and leaned against my bedroom door crossing my arms and contemplating my options.

I could go and comfort her like a good girlfriend or I could be a hard ass and get the answers I need from her. After a few more moments of her sniffling I walked over and sat beside her on the bed, taking her hand in mine.

"You need to trust me Izzy," I sighed.

"I know, but Kenzie you're the new it girl at school and so many people like you. I just feel like I'm like chopped liver compared to them," she frowned.

"Izzy you are not chopped liver! I mean look at you; you're beautiful, you're smart and you're extremely kind. I mean you could get anyone's number if you really wanted, heck you got someone's number without trying," I laughed.

She blushed looking up at me, the tears slowly sliding down her cheeks, "you think so?"

"I know so, now let's get you cleaned up and go back downstairs okay?" I smiled.

She nodded and stood from my bed and headed for my dresser. I let out a breath and felt myself relax as we went back to our normal selves.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

I like this update; it was cute towards the end

Anyway I must be getting to my other babies now

I hope you guys love this update and are waiting for the next one

I am thinking of ending this story maybe early next year since I don't update much every year, but it depends on how the story is flowing in my head

Anyway bye all

Have an awesome day/night

Love you guys