Epilogue

15 years later.

Mary's POV

"Mm, mm." Zack mumbled with a spoon between his lips, and two ice-cream cones in each of his hands.

He looked adorable with his hat and sun glasses on

He gestured for me to take one and I did.

"But what about me? Don't I get an ice-cream too?" Our five year old daughter Jane complained.

"Well yes sweetie. This one's for you." My husband handed the other ice-cream cone to her.

She smiled sweetly. "Thanks dad."

Sometimes I wonder where she gets her sass from.

We were currently at the airport, awaiting my 15 year old son Zavian's return home.

Zavian  was selected and  participated in a soccer tournament in Jamaica.

We are all so proud of him and can't wait to have him back home.

He was gone for three weeks, so obviously I miss my son terribly.

"Mom I see him!" Jane exclaimed.

"Where honey? Where?" My eyes searched frantically around for any sign of Zavian.

"There mom!" Jane pointed to the left and my heart warmed instantaneously.

"Zavian!" I ran across the short distance and hugged my son. He was growing up so fast it was almost unbelievable.

"Hey mom." He laughed. "Can I have some?" He asked, gesturing to my ice cream cone.

I nodded my head laughing.

"Thanks." He laughed as he started eating on my ice cream.

"Hey bro. I missed annoying you." Jane hugged Zavian.

He laughed. "And I missed being annoyed by you."

"How was it? Who did you get to meet? I have so many questions. I want details son." Zack rambled and I laughed.

"And you'll get those details later, but first let's get something to eat. Who's up for Macdeez?" I asked.

"I am!" They all said in unison and I laughed.

"How's mom doing? Everything fine with the baby?" Zavian asked and I smiled.

"Yes everything's fine. I'm due in the next few months."

"Cool. I hope it's a boy. Can't deal with another girl. Oh lord please, not another girl."

"Hey! I would like a baby sister." Jane protested.

"If she's anything like you, then no." Zavian countered.

Jane gasped.

"That's enough. Damn. You two haven't been in each other's presence for even five minutes and already the both of you are bickering."