Chapter 16

Make me smile by clicking the star button at the end of the chapter.

Enjoy my lovelies 💓
💓
💓
💓

********************

"Dude! We spoke about this walking around naked thing. Not cool. My poor eyes." Scott cried out.

"Oops. One minute." Brody closed the door.

I felt flustered. Seriously was not expecting that.

"He's your roommate?" I couldn't believe it. Small world we live in.

Before Scott could answer, the door swung open.

"You can come in now. It's safe." Brody said with an amused smile.

He was now wearing a grey sweatshirt and a pair of blue jeans that hung dangerously low by his hips, exposing his V-line. I don't know why I felt so nervous and self-conscious around him but I did. A handsome brown-eyed guy. Built in all the right places and not to mention his charming smile. What a dream.

Play it cool Lily. He's just a guy.

Scott and I walked past him into the apartment. It was a nice and simple apartment. A nice kitchen, with two bedrooms, a bathroom and a living room.

"Brody. This is the girl I've been telling you about. A beaut isn't she." Scott teased me. Narrowing my eyes at him, I made a mental note to get him back.

"Sure is. It's nice to see you again babe." What's up with calling me babe. He probably calls all girls that. Why does it upset me a little that it might be the case? Because you're jealous. My subconscious said.

Huh. Me jealous. Never.

I just gave him a slight nod.

"You guys know each other? How?" Scott asked confused.

"School." I replied simply.

"Oh" Scott said understandingly.

The three of us were now sitting in their small living room.

"So what's the deal with that Rider guy?" Scott asked amused. "Clearly he likes you."

"Scott." I warned.

"Okay, okay I'll drop it for now." He laughed.

"I'm gonna go get a drink. Can I get you anything?" Brody asked me.

"No thanks." I shook my head. He looked a bit grumpy at the mention of Rider.

"So how does it feel to have new parents?" Scott asked me as soon as Brody was out of sight.

"To be honest. It feels strange. I still need to get use to it. But they're amazing."

"Well then I'm glad." I could see the glint of sadness in his eyes. "It sucks not having any." He sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

I remembered how we both prayed that someday we'd both get adopted. To have parents, cousins, sisters or brothers. Just to feel part of something. It kills me seeing my best friend like this.

"Hey." I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Maybe one day you and Katie could start your own family."

He grinned. "That'd be amazing wouldn't it." I knew the mention of Katie would bring a smile to his face.

"Yeah it would."

"Anyway. I got you a present. I was going to give it to you at the restaurant but you know with what happened and all."