Chapter 17

*A picture of Ruby and Rose*

Make me smile by clicking the star button at the end of this chapter.

Enjoy xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lily's POV

Today was Sunday, the day I get to meet Hazel and Hank's family.

I was a nervous wreck. I mean it's a big step for me but part of me feels like something incredible could come from this.

A knock sounded from my bedroom door.

I opened the door to see Hazel dressed in a fitted navy blue dress that stopped a few inches below her knee, her hair in a neat bun with her silver high heels. She looked simply beautiful.

"Hey honey, you okay? Need any help?" I was still dressed in my 'I love one direction' pajamas because I was having a hard time choosing a dress to wear. I wanna make a good first impression, so this is important to me.

"Hey! Uhm. Well. I need your advice." I walked to my bed and held up two dresses. I couldn't decide between the black or the white dress. It was the exact same dress, just in a different colour.

Hazel looked deep in thought. Scanning both dresses before opening her mouth to speak.

"I think you'd look really gorgeous in the white one hun." I gave her an appreciative smile.

"Thanks. You look beautiful by the way." I complimented. She gave me a wide grin.

"I do. Don't I." She laughed. "I'll see you downstairs." She gave me one last smile before closing the door behind her.

I quickly got dressed and slid on a pair of silver sandals before making my way downstairs.

While descending from the stairs. The doorbell rang.

Hazel was quick to answer.

"Hazel it's so good to see you." A middle aged woman about Hazel's age smiled brightly. She was wearing a stylish beige blazer over a white blouse with a pair of beige pants and nude heels. Her hair as straight as a pin. She looked very sophisticated.

"You look beautiful as always." The woman gushed as they hugged.

"Oh Jessica. It's so good to see you again. You look wonderful. Come inside."

Jessica stood by the door looking behind her. "Girls!" She shouted across the street and turned towards Hazel. "I'm sorry about them. Apparently Rosella's boyfriend dumped her and she's not taking it too well." She shook her head.

"Hey mom. Sorry about that." A girl who looked to be around my age came into view beside Jessica, shooting her an apologetic smile. "Rose says she just needs a few moments to herself in the car."

"Oh poor girl. Come inside and meet the newest member of our family." Hazel grinned.

Jessica and her daughter hadn't noticed me yet, before coming inside the house.

"Oh there you are honey. Jessica and Ruby, meet Lily." She introduced as she clasped her hands in adoration for me.

"What a beauty." Jessica surprised me with a hug. "It's lovely to meet you darling."

I smiled. "Thanks. You too."

"Hi. It's nice to meet you." Ruby hugged me this time. "I'm glad I finally have a girl cousin." She laughed as I gave her a warm smile.

"Are you sure Rosella will be fine." Hazel asked in concern to Jessica.

Aunt Jessica shook her head in defeat. "She thought he was "the one" . So it hit her hard. Besides she's thirteen, she still has a lot to learn about love." Jessica dismissed.