Chapter 20

Lily's POV

Walking in the school hallway that was unusually quiet today, just soft murmurs could be heard. I made my way to the staircase where the girls and I usually meet up before class starts.

I spotted the girls there, except for Mary. I have to admit, I really missed her these past couple of days. It just wasn't the same without her.

"Hey." I greeted and they all mumbled a small hi back. Something's definitely up. "What's wrong?"

I waited patiently for someone to answer me. "I-uhm-it's." Katie sighed heavily. "Mrs Walker had a heart attack last night." No. Please no.

"She passed on."

My heart dropped.

Mrs Walker, my Art teacher was... gone?

I could feel the tears stinging at the back of my eyes. She was my favourite teacher and ironically taught my favourite subject too.

I found it hard to come to terms with.

She was always so vibrant and passionate, especially when it came to love.

I couldn't even speak at this moment. She was an amazing woman.

"Well, Principal Williams has organised a small memorial service in the hall. We were actually waiting on you." Becca said as I nodded.

The school's hall was huge , with rows of black chairs. The girls and I sat in the fifth row.

There was a beautiful picture of Mrs. Walker on the stage, she was a true beauty for her age. Her blonde hair was always in a neat bun with her bangs covering her forehead.

I hated the fact that I'd never be able to see her face again. How cruel wasn't that?

Sitting in this uncomfortable chair, my mind drifted to my parents and Liam. I couldn't contain my tears.

Death was such a bitch!

I wiped my traitorous tears away furiously. I absolutely hated crying, especially in front of people.

"It'll all be okay." Julie rubbed my shoulder comfortingly.

"I never had her as a teacher but she'd always greet me with the biggest and warmest smile ever." Katie said with a sad smile.

Many students went up onto the stage and spoke about the wonderful person Mrs. Walker was.

To my surprise Brody walked up to the stage and stood by the podium.

I wasn't crying anymore, just felt a bit gloomy, but right now for some unusual reason. I felt nervous and curious as to what Brody would say about Mrs. Walker.

"Good morning fellow students." He greeted with his mesmerising voice.

"Even though I have only been at RHS for exactly a week, Mrs. Walker had made a big impact in my life in this short time - she had given me a chance at finding love."

At this the crowd of students, more like 99% of the girls had been murmuring to each other.

"We'd make a cute couple, don't you think?"

"He's so sexy."

"I'm in love with him."

"Ugh he's so hot."

These girls were so annoying honestly.

Principal Williams took the microphone from Brody. "Quieten down and let Mr. King finish his speech or you're all getting detention."