♤LXXVIII♤

Antonio

Whether you were crowded around the punch bowl, hitting the dance floor, making out with your girlfriend in the hallway, or if you were hitting up in the bathroom it was just prom. There was nothing special about it. It was just an excuse to get in your girlfriends pants and for your parents to spend your college savings on a tuxedo and limo. I'm the so-called talk of the school and people would supposedly "die to be me" but I'd rather be anywhere but here.

Blair was sitting at a table by himself and I didn't' even feel bad for him. He was an actual piece of shit and he assaulted Eagle without realizing how wrong what he did was. He's blind and drunk of the love of someone who will never love him.

Eagle was wrapped around PJ's arms as he proceeded to make out with her. To everyone around us, they looked like just a regular high school couple. Fooling around, kissing, and not caring who saw. To me, I saw my life crumbling right in front of me.

PJ stared into her eyes as he whispered how much he loved her. She didn't seem to want him on her but she didn't say anything. Even if she did I doubt he'd listen. He was infatuated and didn't care how useless their situation was. She was only with him because she was afraid of what he'd do if she left him. PJ was an unstable mess and we both knew that. He needed her and if she were to leave him his life could end at any moment. He had an unhealthy addiction to her and I think that she knew it.

She didn't take advantage of him and I feel like she truly wanted to help him. But no matter how much you care about someone sometimes all the help in the world can't make them better. You can try to save them all you want but it all comes down to what they do to save themselves.

I was called up to claim the prom king crown as people questioned who I'd be making my queen. Most people noticed my distant relationship with PJ and mistaken it for me being in love with his girl. Sure I loved Eagle, she was great. But I wasn't in love with her. Loving someone for who they are and being in love were two completely different things.

Eagle loved PJ and everything he did for her. She loved how much he loved her and she needed a little love in her life to fix her cold heart. But no matter how much she loved everything that he did for her she would never be in love with him.

People's assumptions and whatever they had to say about the situation that they created in their heads didn't faze me at all. As PJ looked at Eagle I couldn't stop looking at him. He was handsome, his hair was slick back into a perfect gelled position, and his tuxedo was magnificent. I doubt Eagle would tell him because she was too busy looking up at me to notice everything amazing about him.

For a moment time seemed to freeze as her eyes went from meeting mine to looking back at PJ. it's almost as if without saying anything she ready my mind. Within moments they seemed to be arguing and they parted ways. I tried not to think much of it and assumed that they'd just gotten into a mere argument. Eagle was a reasonable person and she knew how fragile PJ was. I wasn't sure what they were just fighting about but I assumed that it somehow revolved around me. I decided to ignore them and get back to my night of zoning off in the crowds of people enjoying their night.

In an instant, the night came to an end and I slid into my bed just like any normal night would end. There was nothing special about tonight. That was until my mom woke me up at the break of dawn.