♤XXX♤

Antonio

It's been a little over a month since PJ's stopped drinking and I don't think I could be any prouder of him. I know it's been hard for him and I've been there for him every step of the way. Every relapse, every breakdown, every time he wanted to run back to the liquor store, and every time he had night terrors. Sure he didn't know I was there for him half of the time but I was. I'd never let him deal with them alone.

Since I've begun comforting him at night he's seemed to calm down quite a lot. Additionally, I decided that it would be better not to tell him that I was sleeping with him to help him cope with his nightmares. He didn't need to be reminded of the things that brought him down and bringing up his weaknesses were unnecessary.

As for sleeping together, I would lay awake until he'd fall asleep. When he began to show signs of distress I'd hug him to calm him down. He began hugging me back a few days after I started comforting him and it was a little weird to get used to at first. I'd never actually cuddled with anyone before and it was really strange for me to get used to.

I had no idea why he was hugging me back. I assumed that it was just some type of reflex or he was dreaming that he was cuddling with Eagle and not me. I stopped asking why and decided to just go with the flow. The important thing was that he was able to get a good night's sleep. I doubted that he'd had too many of those in his past. It didn't matter who he thought I was. All that mattered was that he was safe inside my arms.