*12* Mystery Man

*Natsume's P.O.V.*

"Hmm...so the chunnin exams....sounds interesting.." Erza said from the other side of my communication lacrima.

"I know right! I can't wait! I'm hoping they're as exciting as the S-class trials!" I cheered happily as I walked through the village.

"Yea! Yea! And unlike the S-class exams, ninjas from all over come to take the exams!" Joy chimed in with excitement lace in her voice. "We met ninjas from a different village earlier today! They were really scary."

After getting the forms for the chunnin exams I had decided to walk around so I could call Natsu-nii and the others and tell them about the chunnin exams.

"Oh man! You're so lucky Natsume! Not only do you get to be a ninja, but you also get to fight them!" Natsu-nii shouted from the other side of the lacrima. He then grabbed the lacrima from out of Erza's hands and shoved his face into it. "Do they use magic there!?"

"No," I replied laughing with a small sweat drop on my head.

'He's about to die.'

"But they use something called...chakra? Yea chakra! It's somewhat similar to magic but not as cool. They use the chakra to perform these jutsu thingys that are really cool! Like they can make clones of their selves and control the elements. It looks complicated to do though since you have to memorize a lot of hand signs and if you perform the hand signs wrong, the jutsu won't work." I explained.

"I didn't get most of that but cool! I wanna learn jutsus and be a ninja!" Natsu-nii yelled with wide eyes as a little flame came out of his mouth.

"Natsu~" Erza growled lowly. I could feel her dark aura here which caused me to shiver. She then punched my brother causing him to drop the lacrima and fly across the guild. Before the lacrima could crash into the ground though, Erza had caught it. "So, about these jutsu things you've spoken of. Do you think you'd be able to learn them?"

"Hmm...I don't know. I told Kakashi that I wanted to learn the cloning one though!" I told her. "If chakra is similar to magic then I should be able to..."

"I see..." Erza said while deep in thought. "Well, we are close to finding a way to you Natsume so don't worry. We'll be there soon."

"Oh, I can't wait!" I said happily. Suddenly though I heard a loud scream. "Eh, what was that...." I muttered looking around.

"What's wrong Natsume?" Lucy-san asked.

"I think I heard a scream...? " I replied back. "Guys I'll call you back later!" I said quickly before hanging up the lacrima and dashing off towards where I could hear the screams coming from.

"Joy! Go find Kakashi and let him know that I heard a scream." I said to my partner.

"Aye!" She replied before flying off.

I was running through the village before eventually finding myself jumping through the trees.

"Where did they go? We can't lose them!" I heard Konohamaru say. I quickly picked up my pace and jumped through the trees towards where I heard his voice.

When I got close I could see Konohamaru standing on a tree branch next to Udon.

"Maybe they lost us." Udon replied.

"Konohamaru! Udon!" I called out to the two.

They both turned and looked at me. "Natsume!" the two called.

I stopped next to the two. "What's going on you two? Why are you out here? Who was it that screamed?" I asked, shooting a million questions at once.

"It was Moegi! Some weird guy swooped in and took her!" Udon shouted.

"Yea! we were chasing him with the boss when we lost track of him!" Konohamaru continued.

"I see....Maybe I can track them then if Naruto is indeed with them." I said as I lifted my nose into the air.

'hmm....Ramen and dirty socks! Found him!' I thought to myself.

"Follow me!" I shouted as I started jumping through the trees while following Naruto's scent.

When we finally made it to him he was sitting on top of some dude with a net over him.

"Boss! We made it!" Konohamaru yelled as he ran up to Naruto and Moegi.

"About time! I've already caught him!" Naruto cheered happily. The 4 of them all chatted but I just watched as the man under the net poofed into a rock. I could then suddenly sense him hiding behind a tree.

'Hmm...it seems he doesn't know i'm here...'

Wanting to know his motive I decided to follow him while making sure I completely concealed my presence. I doubt he can sense me though considering I don't have that chakra stuff.

'He might be one of those guys I heard talking earlier....'

While following him around I watched as he came across Sasuke though much didn't happen as Sasuke just roundhouse kicked the man.

"Stay down." Sasuke said before walking of which caused me to sweatdrop.

Judging from the fact that he attacked both Naruto and Sasuke I can only assume that he attacked Sakura as well. But why though.

A few minutes after Sasuke walked away the man finally stood up from the ground, chuckling.

He then lept into the air and headed back towards the village with me following behind him.

It was late into the night by time he stopped behind Kakashi who had my sleeping cat laying in his arms.

'Is he going to attack Kakashi and Joy now too!?' I thought as I readied myself to go into battle if necessary.

"So, how did it go?" Kakashi asked the man which confused me.

"They all made it. Your squad and everybody else. All 9 genin proved themselves ready for the chunin exams." The man said before he poofed into a man with a pony tail and a long scar going over his nose. "You were right Kakashi. They're good and they've all developed impressive skills."

"Hmm...but the chunnin exams...it can break any one of them. We'll see if they can tough it out." Kakashi said while rubbing Joy's head causing her to purr. "And Konoha's mage. Have you tested her?"

'Konoha's mage? They're talking about me!?'

"I was planning to test her after last since I don't know what her skills are like though I couldn't seem to find her." The man said to Kakashi.

'Time to figure out what the hell is going on here!'

"Oi! Kakashi! What the hell is going on!?" I shouted as I jumped out of my hiding spot. Joy jumped awake in Kakashi's hands, startled by my loud voice.

"Shut up Natsume..." She grumbled before laying back in the mans arms and falling asleep. I stared at her shocked with wide eyes.

'Traitor!'

"Oh! Found her Iruka." Kakashi said to the man, completely ignoring me. "Hello Natsume."

"So this is Natsume...Konoha's mage." The man said while looking down at me.

"That's right! And what's with you sending that weirdo after my friends!?" I shouted while pointing my finger at my silver haired sensei, flames coming out of my mouth.

Joy once again woke up grumbling as she flew into the air and towards me before landing on my head. "Just go home Natsume..."

"I was proving to Iruka-sensei here that the rookies are ready for the chunnin exams. You see, Iruka was the sensei while they were still in the Academy. I wanted him to test you as well so we could see more of your skills but it seems you went into hiding." Kakashi explained to me which caused me to face palm.

"How did I not figure this out.....I'm really catching Natsu-nii's idiocy...." I said while rubbing my face. I could feel the two teachers staring at me with confused looks but I just waved them off as I turned around and started heading back to my apartment.