Sebastian Chapter 7

His heart pounds as he races toward the evacuation site. Her shallow breathing makes him go faster. Please Veronica stay with me! Please, stay with me Veronica! He thinks the  fear driving him faster.

His face stings from the punch the scar faced man threw, but he ignores it. All he cared about was her survival. Even though they had met only hours ago he couldn't let her die. He would never forgive himself if that happened.

After a few minutes of him going as fast as he could, without hurting Veronica any more than she already was , he came to the evacuation point.

A hole streaming bright blue light out of it draws near. He tightens his grip on her and flings himself into the hole. Not wanting her injury to get worse in the fall he pulled her closer to him.

Streaks of blue fly past him. It starts getting colder the longer he travels. He starts to speed up then all of a sudden they come to a stop. He finds himself in the evacuation receiver pod clutching Veronica to his chest. Her face is as pale as a ghost.

"Hey we need medical," he shouts at the agents on the other side of the big metal door, "SHE NEEDS HELP NOW!"

Less than a minute later the medical evacuation team comes barreling in with a gurney, and medical supplies. They take her from his arms and lay her on the gurney. Blood covers his hands and arms.

"What happened," Dr. Lance asked looking down at Veronica's limp body.

"She was shot in the stomach about thirty minutes ago by a Black Dagger agent. We tried to stop the bleeding. I don't think it hit anything too important," Sebastian explains not taking his eyes away from her.

"You got her here just in time," Dr. Lance says, "much longer and we would be having a different conversation."

Sebastian nods then asks, "Will she be okay?" He finally looks at the doctor when he says this.

"We need to get her prepared for surgery," Dr. Lance yells at one of the medical employees. Then he turns to Sebastian and says, "If her surgery goes well she'll be fine."

"And if it doesn't?" He asks not wanting to hear the answer.

"Then you got that scratch for nothing," Dr. Lance says grimly, and walks toward the medical wing as Sebastian stands there hoping with all his might that she'll live.