chapter nineteen: flashback

[ hello :) so I am updating this one again; I just want to really get it out of the way so I can concentrate on my other ones. So yeah, one more chapter left after this one. ]

*Zayn's POV*

"But why are we going to the club?" Liam whined, stomping his feet a little as he walked faster to catch up with me; I grabbed his hand when he neared me and laced out fingers together. 

"Because you need to relax--"

"I am completely relaxed, Zayn! I don't even know what you are talking. But I really need to be studying right, you know the fina--

I grabbed Liam's chin, turning his face towards mine and before he could utter out another word, I pushed my lips on his silencing away his frustrated protests. With my hands cupping his cheeks firmly, I pulled him close. Liam's rigid state slowly relaxed in my arms, the brush of his fingers less tensed and held back as I slowly pulled away from his very tempting, looking lips. 

"We're going to the club, okay?" I whispered against his lips. 

Liam let out a short nod as if he seemed to understand that he indeed needed to let go a little; all he had done in the past few days was study. 

"But only for a little while, okay?" 

"Whatever you what"

***

Louis was giggling heavily about something (he only ever giggled that way when he was really drunk) as Harry dragged him out of the dancefloor; there was stupid grin on his face yet he was rolling his eyes at the same time. After a long while, he finally managed to pull Louis over to the bar and got him to sit on a chair.

"Don't tell me Li's still at home studying" He groaned after he looked around. I chuckled before shaking my head, no. 

"He needed the toilet" I replied, "Niall?"

"Something with Ireland and football. I didn't even try and get him to come" Harry replied with a small fond smile; I imagine that's the look I mirror whenever I talk about Liam. Louis clicked his fingers to get my attention, his posture slumped and yeah, he was drunk - bad. 

"How much did he have?" 

"I don't know. But next time I decide to come to a club with Lou, I making sure he never drinks this much, he tried to slap me for one!" Harry complained as he pushed Louis' arms off him who just pouted before he turned his attention to his phone. 

With a quiet sigh, I glanced around quickly - Liam took ages. What if he got himself back home? But then his small quiff caught my eye, near the signs that pointed towards the toilets. He was talking to someone; who? I scrunched my eyes to get a better look but it wasn't nearly bright enough for me to see the person's face so I just gave up. 

It's probably just an old friend of Liam's. 

So I engaged myself in a conversation with Harry and Lou (who seemed a little less drunk now and was able to talk a mature conversation) and waited for Liam to get back. But then those 10 minutes of Liam talking the guy turned to 20 and then I sort of had enough; especially with the way the guy was standing too close to Liam, his hand resting way too close to Liam's and even though, I couldn't his face that clearly, I was still able to tell that he wanted Liam. 

"Be back in 10" I hissed to Harry before I pushed past them towards Liam. 

***

"We were only talking" Liam defended. 

"Only talking? You're not blind Li, you saw the way he was looking at you. I only came over to see whether you were okay or not?" I snapped; Liam's eyes instantly narrowed at my words and he stepped word, his figure radiating anger just as mine was. 

Most of our fights didn't end up like this; if one of us ever got flirted within a club, making the other one jealous. It would always end up with us bickering, then having sex (and that's what we should have been doing right now) but this was different. And I couldn't decide what made it so different. 

"Zayn you came over to embarrass me! He's was just some old high school friend and he was not looking at me any way. Maybe you just need to let me be and not be so cautious of the people I talk to" There was poison dripping through Liam's words; maybe that's what urged on the fire within me. 

"I embarassed you? Are you ashamed to be with me, cause you know that's totally okay. We can just break up and you wouldn't have to be seen with me anymore" I hissed grabbing hold of his arms. My words seemed to snap something inside Liam because he instantly froze in my hands, his eyes turning softer. 

"Zayn, you don't mean that...do you? Because I am not ashamed of you, never. I love you" Liam whispered, his eyes instantly blurred with tears and yet I still couldn't seem to get hold off my temper. It was still there. 

I stepped back.

Maybe this was long time coming. 

And we just didn't see it.

After all, Liam and I were too good to be true. 

"Zayn! Zayn...you don't mean that. Just tell me that. I am sorry, I promise I wouldn't talk to him again, just tell me you don't mean that..." Liam's voice echoed in the back of my head; the agony and the fear in his words slicing through me but I only shook my head because yes. 

[ yeah...that was heartbreaking to write. If guys didn't understand, this is how they break up and this is what happens before the prologue of this story so yeah. if you are confused just ask. ]

VOTE

COMMENT

SHARE

FOLLOW

1 more chapter to go. x