chapter six

*Liam's POV*

I stopped in my tracks, lip parting in surprise when I found my car standing in front of me and the driver's seat already occupied. I pulled open the door to the passenger seat and peaked it - eyes nearly popping out of my head.

"Zayn?" 

"Hey! I see you still take ages to get dressed" He pointed out. I rolled my eyes causing that typical smirk on his face to expand and smear right across his face. He awarded me with a sharp smile as I got in, placing myself in the passenger seat. 

"Those are my cars keys" I stated, nodding towards the key twirling around his finger rather skillfully. It mesmerized me for a second. 

"I know"

"And this is my car" 

"Know that too" 

"So than would like to tell me what on earth you are doing in my car?" I snapped, hand drawing out to catch the key from his hand but he clenched his hand, fisting it up and successfully trapping my hand in his along with the key. 

I froze.

It was very wam - Zayn's hand, obviously. My fingers brushed ever so lightly, so lightly that it possibly went unnoticed, against the flat of his palm. Perhaps, Zayn was trying to burn his eyes into my head his gaze fixed on me with a burning flame. I wasn't quite sure what to make of it. 

"Zayn, get out" I said softly. 

"And why should I?" He questioned, fist finally uncurling, and I took the opportunity, jerking my hand back and tried not to make much out of the hurt that flashed quickly through the hazel of his eyes. 

"Cause I have to go to work and if you stay any longer, I am going to end up being late" I murmured. I was very tempted to take a chance and grab the keys out of his hands again but I was scared. Scared to have his hand touch mine again. 

"I know you have work" Zayn replied with the same cocky smirk he had a few minuted ago. 

"That's great then. All easier for you to get out" 

"I am not getting out"

"And why is that?"

"Cause I am dropping you off to work" Zayn stated with small wink. He turned to the steering wheel, no longer facing me. I let out a small sigh, this was a bad idea Zayn being with me was a bad idea. 

Especially alone. 

Especially when Zayn was engaged. 

"Why are you doing this?" I whispered. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Zayn turned his head towards me, eyes yet again holding that burning flame that I could place a emotion to. He licked his lips and sighed before he looked away. 

"I want to" He replied. 

"Really? You want to may-"

"I was bored okay! And I just needed to get out for a bit. That's why! Happy?" Zayn snapped, hands slapping against the steering wheel. 

"Yeah so you thought you'd hang out with me?" I snapped back, sounding harsher than meant to. 

"Clearly I shouldn't have since you can't even stand me touching you. Forget being in the same car" Zayn laughed, the sound of it dripping with bitterness. 

"You're right I can't stand you! Not one bit!"

"Well neither can I!" 

"I am not the one making things difficult here"

"Of course, I get blamed for everything!" Zayn snapped, stopping the car and I realized we were already at the cafe but I stayed in the car - eyes furiously glaring at Zayn. 

"You are the one who went and got engaged!" I spat, those words slipping out before I could actually stop them. Zayn went rigid and those words, certainly, became the fuel to his already raging fire.

"Maybe...because I moved on!"

I sunk back into my seat hoping to hide my self from Zayn's piercing words. It hurt. Every inch of my body. 

"This is what it's about isn't it Liam? You are angry because I found someone else, found someone who understands me and knows my buttons, unlike you" Zayn whispered, tone still harsh and vibrant. 

I wanted to Zayn to take his words back and instead pull me into his arms and tell me that we had another chance; that he wasn't completely over me either but I knew that was the last thing that would slip through his lips. 

"I hate you...Zayn" I whispered, pushing myself out of the car without sparing him another look. 

A Lie. 

Definitely didn't hate him. 

I loved him. 

But I had to put a rock over my heart and tell him the exact opposite of what I felt for him. 

Because I know that we could never work. 

================

so yeah. a but rushed but yeah. hope that was okay. 

Dedication-

Best Comment

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

:)

x