chapter ten

[ sorry for the late update...] 

*Liam's POV*

She was back - the devil. It was impossible to avoid the two of them when they lived in the same freaking house as me. I knew Zayn had moved on- moved on from me and moved on from us but I still wasn't ready to accept the fact. 

I couldn't. 

I love him. 

It didn't really matter any more - whether I still loved him or not because Zayn was long gone out of my hands. It didn't matter and I was supposed to forget - forget about Zayn and every single thing I feel for him

"Liam?"

"What?" I groaned and turned to the door which was now pushed opened and Louis was there, standing in the middle of the doorway.

"You have caged yourself in this room, Li. We haven't see you out the whole day" Louis commented as he sat down at the edge of my bed, giving me a slight disapproving look. I rolled my eyes before shoving my face back into my pillow. 

"Liam" 

"What?" 

"Will you just spit out whats bothering you?" Louis asked, placing a comforting hand on my shoulder making me sit up. 

"Why are they still here?" I asked, running an annoyed hand through my hair. 

"Who--oh. Liam...I understand that seeing them together isn't something you want but Zayn he's our mate and we can't just kick him out. You guys needs to sort out whatever it is- that's between the two of you. This can't go on forever" Louis explained. He took hold of my chin, tilting my head around so that I was looking at him. 

He was right, like always. Louis had his way with things- he knew how to get out of a mess situations just as well as he know how to get in to one. 

"I love him" I whispered. I nuzzled my face into Louis' neck because I couldn't look at him while saying those words- I wasn't supposed to like Zayn, not anymore. 

"I know you do"

I need to do something- anything. Anything that will keep me away from Zayn and thoughts of him. I didn't want to need Zayn anymore. I didn't want to love him.

I just wanted to be away from him. 

"Come downstairs, yeah?" Louis said as he stood up, giving me a stern look before he walked out. 

He was right. I couldn't hide forever and couldn't avoid Zayn forever either. He was here now and he was going to stay here. I will just have to deal with that - learn to live with ZaynandPerrie.

I pushed myself out of my bed and dragged myself downstairs, hoping that Zayn wasn't there. That he was in his room along with Perrie so that I wouldn't have to face her either. But like always, I have the worse luck ever. 

Zayn passed me a short nod, a small smile working at his lips. Ignoring him would have been the better option but I smiled back doing exactly what I shouldn't have. 

"Oi! Lemmo, good to see you finally out of your room" Marcus commented. 

"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be at work?" I asked, passing him a grin. It seemed like Marcus was the only one that seemed to make me feel at peace now a days. With him it was just all jokes- I never really had to worry about anything when I was with him. 

"Got the day off" He replied with a quick wink. 

"So you thought you'd come here and annoy me?" I asked.

"Yeah, I was aiming for something like that" Marcus flicked my nose, shoot me another wink before he brushed me and walked out leaving me alone with-- oh. Zayn. 

"Can we talk?" Zayn asked, he was leaning against the counter next to me looking at him with hopeful eyes.

And I wanted to walked out, ignore him like I should but instead I let out a nod. 

"You have been ignoring me. I am not stupid, Li. It's not everyone you have been avoiding, it's me and I don't know what I did--"

"You don't know what you did?" 

"No I don't- You need to talk to me, Li. I am not a mind reader, yeah? I need to you to open up, talk to me, look at me. Can you do that?" Zayn asked. His hand brushed against my own- taking hold of it. However before Zayn could lace our fingers together I jerked my hand out of his own, taking a step back. 

"No" I breathed out. 

Can't get close to Zayn- can't let him get in. He loves Perrie, he's engaged to her.  

"Why? Why can't you just put everything behind us? I am sorry Liam. I sorry for hurting you before but I am trying to make it better" Zayn pleaded, stepping closer. 

"I am sorry, I just can't" I bit  the inside of my lip in hope that I wouldn't just start crying in front of Zayn because they was the last thing I honestly needed. I couldn't let Zayn see just how much he'd broke me -is breaking me. 

He was moving on and I had to let him. 

I had to let him be happy. 

[ just a filler...I guess. Hope that was okay. sorry for any typos, errors. ]

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW

SHARE

:)