Kayleah sat up and looked at Ratchet, with a quick response of, "Nothing...Really."

"The body.", Ratchet tried a different approach, making Kayleah deflate in defeat at this.

"what if I am just going crazy? How can a dead man just... disappear in less than 5 minutes.", Kayleah spoke her thoughts outloud, stirring her tea even slower.

Ratchet remained quiet. Allowing the sounds of birds chirping outside to be heard. "You... are in denial?"

"Prehaps.", Kayleah sighed, hazel eyes still casted down. She couldn't bare to meet his gaze. "I guess I am just sick of this place really."

"Don't worry I am too.", that response alone, made Kayleah now look up to note the man was completely serious.

"Then why stay here?", Kayleah couldn't help, but ask. She just needed to know. "why not get out of this place".

"I have...People that need me here.", Ratchets gaze now fell to the tea he held in his hands. For him to sip it once again.

Kayleah nodded slowly. "That's why I came back here...My grandpa needed me...Or so I thought.", she muttered the last part with a frown.

It was Ratchets turn now to ask. "what do you mean?". Making Kayleah slouch into the chair she had sat in.

"After my Grandma passed away...I thought my grandpa would need me. Turns out; I needed him more.", Kayleah spoke quietly, eyes falling on a picture of her grandparents hanging on the blue wall.

"I never belonged here.", Kayleah scoffed, shaking her head at her stupidity of coming to this...Town.

"The city is where I belong, I knew- know that, but..."

"-but?", Ratchet asked, now leaning forward. Listening closely to the many words she has spoken.

Kayleah finally met Ratchets eyes again. Swallowing the lump that built in her throat when she spotted pure understanding in them. As if he fully understood, related deeply to them.

"-but, I just had to get away. You know?", Kayleahs frown deepened, "I felt suffocated, trapped. I wasn't living the life I wish to have. I was just so..."

"-Unhappy, lonely. The longing of wanting something more.", Ratchet closed his eyes as he spoke. Finally placing down his now half empty cup of herbal tea. "-but not knowing what that something is."

Eyes stinging, Kayleah blinked madly. "exactly.", the quiet whisper left her mouth.

Ratchet looked back up at Kayleah, as she finally stopped stirring her tea. Kayleah smiled lightly, Ratchet went to smile back.

For the sound of a door unlocking and swinging open. Ratchet had jumped to his feet in seconds, in defense mode. Kayleah couldn't help, but jump in fear.

"Leah?", An old familiar voice called out. Making Kayleah become relaxed instantly and scold herself mentally for being so silly.

"Grandpa Ross!", Kayleah responded in an eager greet, getting to her feet as the elderly man entered the room with a confused expression.

"why is there an ambulance in my front drive-way? You aren't hurt are-", Ross paused when he spotted Ratchet whom awkwardly stood there.

"oh. Hello.", Ross blinked, adjusting his glasses. Spotting the fresh tea made, the old man could tell everything was perfectly alright.

Ross tapped his walking stick on the wooden floor a couple of times, obviously debating if Kayleah was up to no good.

That action alone made Kayleah rock back and forth on her heels trying to act innocent.

Ross sighed and relented. "You should have told me we had a guest coming over, I would have cleant the house!"

Kayleah smiled awkwardly at this. "sorry Grandpa, It was an...unexpected dining."

Ratchet watched quietly. Kayleah sent him an apologetic look, she hoped he didn't feel too out of place.

"I should go, the hospital will need me now", Ratchet came up with a swift lie. Making Kayleah frown as she remembered him telling her that he was heading home earlier.

"Oh...okay, see you around then.", she responded quietly, deciding not to bring up the topic.

Ratchet nodded to her and Ross. Before quietly leaving the house. Ross looked at Kayleah with a raised eyebrow.

"Kayleah...", there was a warning to his tone.

"I know.", she responded quickly. Not wanting a lecture about it being his house, not hers. So she couldn't just invite random people over.

"Good.", Ross hummed and sat down to steal her cup of tea that she barely touched.

Kayleah shrugged carelessly at that and headed down the hall to her bedroom. Knowing that conversation was far over.

Entering her room. The click of her door shutting was easily heard in the deafning silence. Kayleah casually walked to her window, the blinds open.

Peering outside, her eyes spotted Ratchets Ambulance driving off in the distance.

Towards the rock mountain.

"of course.", Kayleah crossed her arms  around her torso. A frown working its way back on her lips.

"of course you would be hiding secrets and also know Jackson at the same time.", speaking out loud to herself, the young females eyes narrowed in frustration.

Kayleah shook her head frustrated at this. To relent and sit down on her bed with a frown. Denial creeping into her. She had no proof of anything, just rumours and suspicion.

Followed by lies and then the discoveries of a dead man, grand theft auto...now she's just in denial of it all.

'Ugh.', she rubbed her forehead, starting to get a headache from all this nonsense.

She wants to go back to San Diego now.