It's Okay I Like Different [Destiel]

~Dean's POV~

"Sammy! Are you up yet? We can't be late for our third first day of school!" I say with a hint of humor in my voice. I did that to make myself feel better. It's not like Sam would laugh.

Ever since our parents died, Sammy barely smiles. It is a rare occasion to get him to laugh, and when I do, I feel like I achieved my life goal.

My parents died in a car crash when I was 12 and Sam was 8. My Uncle Bobby and his wife, Ellen, adopted us after that. We don't lead a normal life like everyone else does. My uncle is a hunter so we move around all the time. We don't stay in one town for more than three months; we can't even have our own house.

Sam walks down the stairs with a look of hatred on his face.

"C'mon, Sammy. Maybe we'll stay here a while, maybe we'll make some good friends."

"That's not what this is about," Sam shoots.

I don't have the strength to reply. I skip breakfast and tell Sam to grab an energy bar for the ride to school.

We quickly climb into my dad's old Impala, racing to get to school on time. I'm thinking of making this school different. I'm going to try my best.

Unlike Sam, learning is hard for me. I have a short attention span. That, and, I just really don't like the idea of spending eight hours a day learning bullshit that I'll forget over the summer.

The car ride is seemingly endless. . . and awkward, nonetheless. Sammy stares out the window at nothing. I would say I feel bad for Sam, but I hate the pity people give me so I don't give people my pity. I believe pity is an incorrect concept: I mean, being sad because of something that didn't happen to you and affected you in no way, shape, or form? It's stupid.

Although, I guess my parents' death did affect me on a large scale.

~

We walk into the crappy school and everyone looks at us. I look around for a professional-looking office. . . and there it is, right in front of me. I tell Sam to follow me quickly so no one stares too much.

"You must be Sam and Dean Winchester," the lady says, "I am Ms. Smith. Here are your schedules, and a map if you need it."

A boy about Sam's age walks by with a taller boy about my age walks by.

"Oh!" Ms. Smith says. "Gabriel! Castiel! Will you show these boys around today? You may have a free pass to skip your classes to give them a tour."

"Of course," the tall, dark boy says.

"Thank you," I say to Ms. Smith before I walk out of the room.

Sam and Gabriel walk off as they introduce themselves. Down the hall a bit, I see Sam chuckle. Wow. Gabriel must be very funny.

"I'm Dean Winchester," I say with a smirk. I don't know what inclined me to smirk like I do for all the girls, but I do.

"I'm Castiel Novak," he replies.

What an unusual name, I think. But I don't say anything.

"Dean, how would you feel ditching school today?" Totally not what I expected. He looks like the type to stay in all of his classes all the time: he has a calculus book in his hand, which kind of radiated the idea.

"I. . . you. . . what?" I manage to stutter out.

"Ditch school. Me. You. Now," he explained. Okay, let me just say it: he's hot. I shouldn't be thinking like that about a guy. I know I'm straight. Although, I question my thoughts no more because I came to the conclusion that I am straight, not blind. I can look at the menu, I just won't order.

"Okay, let's go, then," I say. Maybe the first say of school won't be as bad as I thought.

"Cool. Don't worry, tomorrow I'll show you around for real," he adds with a seductive smirk.

~

"Where would you like to go, Dean Winchester?" Castiel asks.

"Anywhere you'd like to take me, Castiel Novak." Castiel is tall, but not as tall as I am. His hair is dark, almost black, and messy. Messy in a good way, though. He wears a tan trench coat over a casual white button-down and dark jeans. He wears high top converse, which pull the outfit together. I smile at the fact that he reminds me of the Tenth Doctor from Doctor Who.

"Please, call me Cas," he adds, looking like he doesn't get to say that very often.

"What are you smiling about, Dean?" he asks me with a completely straight face, not looking away from the road as he drives on a highway leading to what seems like the middle of nowhere.

"Nothing," I say with a chuckle. I have a feeling you wouldn't get the reference. No one does."

"Try me," Cas says.

"Well, you look remind me a lot of this character," I say, easing into the reference.

"Who?!" he asks, growing more impatient.

"The Tenth Doctor, from Doctor Who," I say, preparing myself for the "I-don't-know-what-the-hell-you're-talking-about" face.

"You watch Doctor Who?" he asks with a smile. Once again, I have to prepare myself. But this time, I'm preparing for the "oh-my-God-you're-such-a-weirdo" face. Instead, I get a pleasantly surprised face from Cas.

"That's my favorite show," he adds to his previous statement, smiling like an adorable idiot.

Adorable?

"Really? We should have a marathon sometime. Like this Friday," I say with another one of my signature smirks. Why am I doing that?

"Okay. I am free this Friday." And that's when we come to a halt.

"Okay, Dean. I need you to close your eyes. This is a surprise. Hold on," he pulls out a blue tie from the glove box. "I show it to only some of my friends, so you better feel special right now."

He says that last part with a sad smile, like he doesn't have very many friends to show this place to. I'm glad I am considered his friend now.