Chapter 20

Jennie's POV

The leathery texture made another whipping sound before the familiar burning sensation made me scream once again. He just stood there, watching with sick satisfaction.

Damn you, Sandro.

Finally he raised his arms to stop Rucca, as if hearing the curses I have for him inside my brain. That mere second of relief calmed me, even though I know he's prepared a lot of worse things for me.

His cold brown eyes focused on me as he spoke to one of his demons, "Drop her."

My breath stopped. Drop her. Drop me into the pit of burning flames. I-I thought he w-was going to torture me??

"You looked surprised, princess. I thought I made it clear I'm going to burn you... again?" He chuckled darkly.

I stared at him openly with  confusion, "Aren't you going to torture me.. uh, more? You said that too. K-Killing me right away doesn't seem like it."

His booming laughter echoed in the great hall. I can hear the demons' laughter too. The smirks the twins are sporting lets me know there's something I don't know about this Hall of Fire. Heck, I don't know anything about this one and everyone in this hellhole.

Rikka took a step closer the edge of the pit and motioned towards the fire, "This fire doesn't kill, Jennie. It will burn you and destroy you, your body specifically, but your soul will feel the pain forever. It tortures, it doesn't kill."

This is insane. True fear gripped my limbs making my already weak body tremble. The demons chanted, urging Sandro to throw me as soon as possible and waiting to see me suffer. Panic set in when Sandro gripped the handle of the gear adjusting the rope.

He turned it. The machine protested. My body rocked from the sudden force. The chanting grew louder before he clawed at the rope himself. The scream that tore through me was filled with terror. I was falling fast and I thrashed wildly, trying to helplessly free my arms tied tightly. The tears I've been holding back flowed freely and when I looked up I saw Sandro's victorious expression. He's won. I'll die... just like in my dreams.

My back already felt the heat, promising a never ending torture. Then, as if something's wrong, Sandro's eyes grew wide with surprise. His lips parted in disbelief and panicked screams erupted from the demons when a bright light broke out and illuminated the great hall. Strong arms encircled my waist from behind and the fall stopped. Heavy breathing fanned the back of my head and I realized we were floating a few feet above the fires. A feeling of safety washed over me as I heard wings flapped twice before lifting us back to the top, straight to the blinding light. Winged men flew past us into it, disappearing.

A thunderous roar of anger made me look down at the cowering demons. There, in the middle, was a furious Sandro. He opened his mouth to scream one more time, and this time I know for whom...

"NATHANIEL!!!"

The bright light consumed me and blinded me momentarily but I know I'm safe now.

I am safe now.

***

Dreamless.

For the first time in my life the dreams I've been having disappeared. Nothing. Just the endless hum of safety and the feeling of being at home, somewhere you belong, composed my once dream-filled nights. This is the first time I truly felt relaxed - asleep. I don't have to worry about waking up in the middle of the night because of some visions that didn't go well.

I feel complete.

The moment I opened my eyes, the dimly-lit spacious room greeted my eyesight. The curtains prevented the sunlight from lighting up the room. The bed I'm currently in is soft and silky, made for a princess. Even the room, it was a replica of the princess' room. 'My room' in my dreams.

... But I don't remember having someone to share my bed with.

My eyes immediately went back from examining the room wide-eyed to the now tightening arms draped over my waist. It slowly moved upward, gently caressing my bare arms to brush my wavy strands off my face. Then, as if it's the most normal thing in the world, his lips captured mine - albeit gentle and sweet, it is unwanted - right now. I pulled away to stare at the man beside me, who is right now staring at me lovingly.

Nathaniel.

I remembered the last time we saw each other. It was wrong for me to say those things, I had hurt him, but still he saved me. What more can I ask for?

"I'm sorry, Nate." The words are out before I can stop myself.

His brows furrowed in confusion, "Don't be, princess." I winced hearing that endearment. My wounds throbbed, reminding me of what Sandro did to me. "You didn't know what's happening, why we were there. I now understand that it's how normal people react. I shouldn't have left you alone nor allowed you to go home alone. Look what happened, with that stupidy I almost lost you. I'm never letting you out of my sight again, do you hear me?"

I nodded, burying my face in his chest. How did I become so lucky? I must've done something good in my past life for me to have this amazing person in my life.

Speaking of past life...

"Nate?"

"Hmm?"

"Can I tell you something?"

He chuckled, "Of course. Is it that bad?"

I tried so hard to resist the smile forming, "Just promise me you won't think I'm crazy. It sounds a little off so I need to know whether you'll still understand or run away thinking I'm insane."

"I'll try." He moved to sit, pulling me with him and placing me gently to sit on his lap. He's careful not to inflict any pressure on my bandaged wounds, mostly on my lower body.

I paused for a minute to find a better approach because I don't want to make it seem so weird. But then being kidnapped and tortured by demons and finally being saved by winged-men seemed more unearthly than weird dreams. I'll have to ask Nate about that later.

"I-I..." My mind goes blank again when I opened my mouth.

I mentally face-palmed. Really, Jennie?

Nathaniel laughed gently before giving me an eskimo kiss and spoke as he pulled away, "Say it, baby. We got this far now, nothing's going to make me stay away from you. Ever."

I smiled at that, "I've been dreaming of you since I can't remember when. Different dreams every night. Y-You were a general in my dreams, I was a princess." His smile dropped and mine slowly disappeared. Tears started brimming in the corner of my eyes making it hard to see his reaction. Nevertheless, I continued. "Sandro was there too. You were both fighting for the league and general position. I dreamt of him attacking me the night before I encountered him in the alley. In my dreams I died. I died in the fi-"

Warm lips captured mine before I could even finish. He was crying. Tears flowed freely as he drowned me with the emotions in that kiss.

Love. Longing. Happiness.

"Finally, princess. Finally I have you again. I'll never let you go. You'll be my one and only queen. I love you. I missed you, so damn much."

He proved that. With every touch he ignited something deep inside me. He kissed every inch of my skin, the sensation kept the burning need alive. He made me his. Sweetly. Passionately. Finally, the dreams and reality became one.

_________________________________

Three more chapters Pixies! We're hitting the finale! 0_0

The mature scenes can go as you please. It's all under your imaginations. XD I don't want this story to be reported. I love it too much.

Aren't you happy for Jennie and Nate? If you are let me know. :)

Love,
Ash