Chapter 9

Hi Pixies :)

This chapter is dedicated to YOU. Yes, you... Thank you for reading this story and patiently waiting for my update. Especially @m_a_bookworm , a very supportive friend and co-writer. Try reading her books, The Billionaire's Unauthentic Daughter and Something Between Us.

That's all. Enjoy reading :)

Jennie's POV

"See you tomorrow, dude." Abby gave me a hug before turning to face the patiently waiting Nathaniel behind me, giving him her very best glare. That glare was supposed to intimidate the poor receiving end yet I can't help but chuckle inwardly. She looked... constipated.

"You, Mr. Hot Pants..." She pointed at him making me groan in annoyance. I can already imagine what she's going to say. Nathaniel stood straight, expecting harsh threats and fatal promises coming his way. She's my best friend afterall, and her being protective of me is normal.

How wrong you are, buddy.

Knowing Abby and her abnormality, I think that would only be her second concern. What's the first??..

"USE PROTECTION! I don't want to be a young godmothe-"

In a flash, I was already in front of her with my hand covering her mouth. We don't want anymore attention towards us. This woman is really unpredictable. Blushing, I glanced at Nathaniel who was now surprisingly as red as tomato.

"Mmm! Mmmmmm!" She struggled against my hold.

"I'm going to let go but please shut your mou-AWW!" I screamed, hurriedly retracting my hand. "F*ck! Are you a rabid dog?!" I yelled in anger, clutching my hand stinging from her bite.

"I can't breathe! What am I suppose to do?!" She yelled in return.

"Use your nosetrils! You don't breathe using your mouth, idiot!"

She stopped momentarily, thinking. "You're right..."

I want to strangle her... just once, please?

I pinched the bridge of my nose, eyes closed in trying to control my temper. A hand gently rubbed my shoulders, relaxing my tensed muscles.

"You have a weird friend." He whispered amused.

I chuckled, "Trust me, this is just a taste of her weirdness."

Abby huffed in annoyance, "I heard that. Fine, I'll let the both of you slip right now. Remember, use protection. I'm too young to be a godmother!"

I just rolled my eyes at that. "Look! Cook is walking towards you." I pointed behind her. Her eyes widened, fixing her hair before she turned her back to us.

Ladies and bears, that's our cue to leave.

I grabbed Nathaniel's hand, dragging him towards his car in a sprint and we burst out laughing as he maneuvered the car out of the parking lot, leaving the angrily stamping Abigail. I can see her raising a middle finger at me as I stuck my tongue out in return.

"Where are we going, Nate?" I asked.

He smiled at me before shifting his attention back on the road, "I want you to meet my friends."

I nodded absentmindedly as I studied every contour of his visage. A soft smile stayed on his lips the whole time, as if this was the most awaited moment of his life. I saw how his muscles flexed even from very little movements. Unknowingly, a soft sigh escaped my lips. He's every woman's dream.

"Done staring?" He asked without looking, the corner of his lips moving up to form a sly smirk.

Me, being me, I answered. "Not yet. Five more minutes."

His face turned beet red, choking on his own saliva. The second time I caught him unarmed. My laughter filled the air as he glared at me playfully.

"Take a picture then, it'll last longer."

I scoffed, "That's lame. Probably as old as you. Try something better."

He was silent for a while. I was thinking he was hurt by what I said. "Aren't you tired of it?" He asked after a while.

"Tired of what?" I asked confused.

He winked at me, "Running in my mind for hours."

I giggled, "I'm trying to reach the finish line."

"Where would that be?"

"Your heart."

He remained silent then, taking my hand with his free hand and kissing my knuckles. "You're already here even before you were born." His sincerity shocked me to the core. We have known each other for more than a week only, how can he say that?

"I never knew you believe in destiny." Fate was the only interpretation I have of his statement.

"I don't," he admitted. "But I believe in God's will. If it's meant to be, it will happen."

No one spoke after that and we bathed in the comfortable silence. He never let go of my hand, still holding it with his free hand while driving.

Soon, we reached a village where beautiful houses were built. The type of village where you know the rich people lives. He stopped in front of a two-storey mansion. The gates automatically opened and he went in, parking the car in the driveway.

"Wait," He said. He went out of the driver's side and went to mine. He opened the door for me and held my hand as I stepped out of the car. "Welcome to my humble abode." He grinned, extending his hand to present the beautiful house.

He chuckled at my amazed expression. You can't blame me, this house literally screams 'LOOK AT ME!' Now I'm excited to see what's inside. It's probably more awesome than the outside. The design was a mixture of Greek and Roman architectures before. Looking at it was like going back to the Medieval times.

"Let's get inside before I get jealous of my own house." He teased, placing his hand on the small of my back and he gently guided me towards the dark mahogany double door.

I was openly examining every artistic designs, paintings, etc. and Nathaniel seemed to enjoy watching me.

"I think you just outmoded the oldest museum. Are you a collector or something?"

"I started collecting them years ago." He explained. "It matched the theme of the house so I thought it would add beauty."

Hold on... "How old are you?"

He went rigid. His hand on the small of my back slowly slid to my waist as he wrapped an arm around me. He pulled me closer to him, as if afraid that I would run any moment now.

"Would you believe me if I say I'm more than centuries old?" He asked carefully.

I rolled my eyes at that, "You're not Edward Cullen, honey. I doubt that."

Yeah, you're not Edward Cullen 'cause you're more handsome.