Chapter 10

Jennie's POV

Recap:

"Would you believe me if I say I'm more than centuries old?" He asked carefully.

I rolled my eyes at that, "You're not Edward Cullen, honey. I doubt that."

Yeah, you're not Edward Cullen 'cause you're more handsome.

_______

He chuckled at that, "All you need to know is that I'm older than you."

"How old?" I pried curiously.

He sighed, brushing his knuckles lightly over my cheek. "Some things are better off hidden, your curiosity will open doors that are dangerous to explore someday and you have to be careful about that, princess." His thumb then softly caressed my lips, "Do you understand?"

I can't do anything but nod my head though his rant was pointless. What's wrong in asking his age? Our eyes met and we became lost in each other's stare. There was longing behind his brown orbs that adds fuel to the softly burning fire in his eyes... If I am going to touch that fire, will it consume me or bring life in me too?

"Ehem... E-Ehem! Ehem Ehem!" A series of clearing of throats and fake coughs broke the romantic air of the moment we shared. I looked away from him, the floor was suddenly more interesting to look at now as I hid the blush on my cheeks.

"That was fast, Nate. No more than ten minutes she was here and you're already trying to lure her into your bedro- FUCK!"

I stared wide-eyed as the three men smacked the man's head simultaneously before he could even finish what he's saying.

"Shut your trap, Sebastian. You're scaring the poor girl." The man wearing an eyeglass glared at the man who spoke earlier. I'm guessing his name is Sebastian.

"But it's true!" He whined while scratching the back of his head.

"Nate doesn't think like you do, pervy." The man wearing a serious expression glared at him before walking towards me. "The name is Roque Patriarcha, milady. Nice to finally meet you." He gave me a soft smile as we shook each other's hand.

"Jennie James, nice to meet you too." I returned his smile.

"Verdan Giovanni, pleasure to meet you." The man wearing an eyeglass introduced himself.

"The pleasure's mine, Verdan." I smiled at him too.

Verdan looked behind him and pointed at the man who was nervously standing behind Sebastian. I can't see him clearly, it's as if he was trying to hide himself from me. I rolled my eyes mentally. I don't bite, and I should be the one hiding and acting all shy around them since I was the one being introduced and new to the group. "That idiot over there is Tarlac D'Angelo. He's normally the shy type but I don't know, today is unusual."

I chuckled at that, "Hi, Tarlac."

He tensed hearing my voice before he replied in a small voice, "H-Hello..."

Wait... That voice sounds familiar.

I furrowed my eyebrows in trying to remember where did I hear that voice before or who among the people I know sounds like that. Finding none, I just shrugged it off and smiled once again.

Sebastian cleared his throat as he walked towards me wearing an evil smile. Why do I have a feeling that he's going to do something?...

My eyes grew wide as saucers when he bent down to kiss me. Before his lips could descend on mine, a hand covered my mouth and he ended up kissing whoever owns that hand.

"SEBASTIAN!!!!"

All four of them roared as the idiot ran away laughing his ass out. I stayed rooted on my spot with a shocked and confused expression as they chase each other like kids, totally forgetting about me.

"Your hand tasted like shit, Nate! Ewww!" Sebastian teased while the four was still hot on his trail.

"YOU SON OF A BITCH!" Nate growled.

As they disappeared out of my sight I decided not to waste this opportunity and explore the house on my own. I stared in awe at the paintings as I followed the hallway to my right. There is a wooden door at the end of the hallway and as my curiosity kicked in I slowly opened the door.

My jaw hit the ground and I'm sure I was drooling as I stared at the scene in front of me.

There was a man... A topless man dancing like a freakin' stripper in a club. He was holding a wooden spoon on one hand while holding a bowl of ingredients on the other. He was wearing a chef's hat on his head so I'm guessing he's the chef in here.

But that's not what made me drool.

There were all kinds of dessert scattered in the table. What caught my attention were the brownies. They looked so yummy and I could smell them from here.

My eyes went back to the man the same moment he averted his gaze from his work. His eyes widened as mine did...

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

We both screamed like lunatics. The only difference is that I screamed because he did and I was startled by it. However, he was screaming like a girl being raped while trying to cover his shirtless body from my sight.

"HELP! AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" He was jumping up and down now while pointing at me. "I didn't do anything! I swear I never touched any of your things!"

I stopped, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. I took a step inside, "I'm sorry but-"

"Don't come near me! I'm scared of ghosts and you know it! Go scare someone else!"

I raised my hand up in surrender as I shook my head. Nate suddenly came to stand beside me with all the others.

"What's happening here??" He asked, scanning my appearance from head to toe for any signs of injury.

I smiled shyly at him, "I think I scared the poor guy."

Nate glanced at the four behind him, giving them meaningful looks. When they seemed to understand him, they avoided his gaze. Nate pursed his lips as he massaged his temples.

"I'm sorry about this, princess. They forgot to tell this man here that you're coming. I'm just going to talk to him and we'll follow you in the living room afterwards, okay?"

I nodded at him before smiling apologetically at the chef. "I'm Jennie by the way."

The man's face ashened even more if that's even possible. Nate chuckled at that, "His name is Alarick."

I glanced at the brownies longingly and Nathaniel seemed to understand what I meant by that look as he handed me a box of brownies with a smile. My smile widened at the sight of them, my attention locked only on the poor brownies.

"Take her to the living room." I heard Nathaniel order the four guys behind him and I followed them wordlessly while munching.

Damn, I think I'm falling inlove with the brownies.

Once we reached the living room I sat on the sofa and the man beside me tensed. He was about to stand up and leave but my hand shot out to stop him. "I'm not going to eat you." I chuckled at him as the others did too.

He turned to face me and as our eyes met I was hit by different emotions, his regrets and disappointments lying behind his eyes. His face was very familiar and my head hurt in trying to remember where I met him.

Then it occured to me, like a cold water being poured down on me...

His face flashed in my memory... in my dreams.

He was the one I helped stuck under the table that night of the explosion. He was the man I saved before I died in my dreams...

"Princess!" He panicked.

I look behind us to see the fires spreading like a wildfire before turning to look at him, "Call Nathaniel, please. I'll be fine."

Tarlac was the one who called Nathaniel.