EPILOGUE: Harper and Nico

*PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE PROCEEDING* 

Nico, in this story, is not gay! I mean no offense by that and I have nothing against people who are gay, but I started this story before House of Hades came out and decided that the story was already headed in one direction. I would have had to re-write the entire thing. Again, I mean no offense. Thank you and I hope you enjoy/enjoyed reading this story.

Epilogue

~Nico~

I paced back and forth in my cabin. Back and forth, back and forth. I'm planning to ask Harper out today, I'm going to ask her to the fireworks. Let me rephrase that, I might ask her out to the fireworks if I can actually succeed in forming a complete sentence while she is within 10 feet of me. It's like my brain just stops working when she's around. I stopped pacing, ran a hand threw my hair, and then continued pacing again. Come on, Nico. Just ask her out. It isn't that big of a deal.  Well it is that big of a deal when every guy in the whole camp wants to ask her out, I thought. There was a knock on my door. I looked out the window to see that it was already way past dark and I had missed the campfire sing-a-long (I preferred it that way anyway). I swung open the door to see Harper standing there. 

"Why weren't you at dinner?" She asked, I stared into her beautiful eyes. Nico, stop doing that, it's creepy. My eyes abruptly looked down at my feet.

"Uh, I wasn't hungry I geuss." I kept staring at my shoes.

Harper laughed a little, "Whatever...I'm going for a walk, care to join?" 

I looked up at her and smiled a little, "Yeah, of course."

We walked down to the beach, not a word passing between us but somehow it wasn't awkward at all. I should ask her out now, right? But what if she says no? What if she laughs in my face? There are too many 'what ifs'. But if I did it now it would all romantic and whatever, right? With the beach and all. I stopped walking.

"Hey, Harper?" I asked quietly.

"Yeah?" She murmured

"There's something I've, um, been meaning to ask you...but like I know you'll say no and I understand. But uh, I just...nevermind. It was nothing. It is  nothing." Gods, I sound stupid.

"I think I can make this a bit easier. Nico, I really like you." She said looking into my eyes.

"What? I mean, you do? I mean, I like you too and do you want to go to the fireworks with me?" I stumbled over my words.

"I would love to." A huge smiled spread across Harper's face. We stood there smiling at each other for a long time.

"I've never seen you with your hair down." I said out of the blue.

"What?" Harper asked, looking slightly confused. 

"Why don't you wear your hair down ever?" I asked.

"Oh, just because, I guess." She said shurgging. "Why do you ask?" 

"I don't know..." I reached behind her head to pull her ponytail out. 

"Hey!" She said laughing and running away from me. "What are you doing?"

I chased after her and she was fast but I was just a little bit faster. She let out a laugh as I grabbed her around the waist, spinning her. We both laughed as we fell onto the warm sand. I fell on top of her cathing myself so that I didn't crush her. I blushed a deep pink as I looked into her eyes. I leaned forward and pressed my lips against hers but I quickly pulled away and stood up. 

"I-I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking. I just-" I couldn't finish my sentence. I turned and started to walk away. I felt Harper grab my shoulder and turn me around.

She placed a quick kiss on my lips before saying, "Don't apologize."

A/N

I'm sorry that took so long to upload, but life has been hectic. I love you all and I can't believe that I got 15K READS. LIKE OMFG I AM DYING. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!! 

I hope you liked the 1st epilogue! The second will be up soon I promise!

Love always,

welovePJO