Leo Valdez Saves Our Lives

Chapter 13

~Korra~

"Hurry up, Valdez!" Annoyance seeping into my voice as I passed back and forth.

"I can only work so fast!" He muttered angrily.

Hades glares at Harper and I can tell by the look on her face he is bringing up painful memories.

I walk over to her, "Hey, are you okay?"

"Oh I am TOTALLY fine! Nothing better then being stuck in the underworld with an angry love goddess and   THE GOD OF FREAKING DEATH!" She whisper yelled at me. "If you haven't noticed, we are standing on the edge of a cliff, at the bottom of that cliff is death. A casual flick and we could all die! Yet obviously you still can't realize why I am upset! No wonder Athena didn't take you in!" Her words were sharp, deliberate. I flinched at the Athena comment. Dhara knew that when I was younger I had been "claimed" by Athena, but later she had disowned me because I wasn't smart enough. I was a disgrace to her. 

Harper sighed, "Look, I'm sorry. You know I don't mean it." I nodded, but it still hurt. She turned and walked toward Leo.

"What can I do to help?" She asked.

"Now, now, Harper." Hades said in a sickly sweet tone, "In the agreement you never metioned that he was allowed help. You gave me your word. You aren't one to back out on a deal, are you? Unlike that brother of yours." His smile was creepy. 

Leo, Nico, Aphrodite and I all turned to look at Harper.  She stood there clenching and unclenching her fists. Trying not to react.

Her brother. Hades must have killed her brother. She dosen't talk about him much at all, I don't even know his name. All I know is that they were close, the only family either of them had ever had. Harper reached up and touched her necklace. She would never tell me anything about it,  I'd always just assumed her brother had given it to her.

Mobius appeared from around the corner, where had he been? He went up to Harper and lay his head on her leg. Then she seemed to snap out of it. 

"Leo, you should get back to work we only have 10 minutes." She said. Leo nodded and continued working. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In only 9 minutes and 37 seconds Leo Valdez had saved our lives. 

Exactly 9 minutes and 37 secinds from the time Harper had said 'we only have 10 minutes' Leo annouced that he had done it. 

"I did it." He whispered, sitting back on his heels.

"What?" I said.

"I did it." He repeated, louder this time. "I did it!" He jumped up.

We all smiled. We had done it. Leo had done it.

Aphrodite stood and extended her hand toward Leo, the tips of her fingers touching his cheek. "You could use a shower and a new outfit but, Leo Valdez, you have proven yourself to be a very useful demigod." 

Leo's face turned pink, I could literally feel the disgust creeping onto my face.

"Well, I suppose I have to let you leave now. To be honest, I didn't think you could do it. I really am quite impressed." Hades mused, nodding towards Harper "Obviously, you have proven yourself to be better then Colton Grey. He didn't deserve all those titles he gave himself: captain, leader, brother." 

Then it happened.

Harper snapped.

She walked slowly towards Hades, confidence seemed to fill every inch of her body. Her eyes grabbed onto death's and they didn't let go. She stopped about 5 inchs from Hades. 

"Leave my brother out of this." She whispered. Her voice scared me. "Lord Hades, I am not afraid of you. I will never be afraid of you. And as long as that is true, I am bullet proof." 

Harper stepped back and spread her arms wide, "So go ahead! Try and shoot me down. All you'll ever do is miss." She gave him one last terrrifying look, and then she walked away. She turned around and walked down the tunell we had come in and she didn't look back. Proof that she wasn't scared, she could turn her back on what was most peoples worst fear and know that he wouldn't do anything.

Mobius was the first to follow her, the rest of us followed suite. And at that moment I realized that I barely new my best friend. Who was her brother? Another son of Poseidon? Would she ever tell me? When we caught up to her, everyone was silent. 

"What was all that about?" Nico asked Harper.

"I'll explain when we get hom- back. When you get back." She replied, not making eye contact. 

As we walked my head was spinning a million miles an hour. But one thought kept reappearing. Harper had almost called Camp Half - Blood, home.

In no way shape or form is that stupid camp our home. 

A/N

PLEASE DON'T HURT US! 

I'm so sorry!!! We had the chapter ready to publish but then my computer deleted it!!! So sorry!!!! 

I hope you guys like this chapter!!!! 

What do you guys think about Harper? Tell us in the comments below!

If you want a one-shot click the link or go to this account: TheRealSlimSrini

http://www.wattpad.com/user/TheRealSlimSrini

Love always,

welovePJO