Chapter 103: An Angry Kitri

Start from the beginning

"I seriously don't know," I shook my head, voice light and airy as I tried to squeeze myself further behind Mother. She was trying to leave me, since she didn't like Kitri's ire either.

All I knew was that I told him to shut up all those months ago and then the Demon God spoke to me. Other than that, I didn't remember. It was too much of everything that even if I do look back at my memories, they are fuzzy as well.

"So you just shut me out and now you don't know how you did it?"

"Precisely," I gave a weak thumbs up.

"...you know, it may not look like it, but Tuila is quite knowledgable in these things."

"Please no," I hid behind the couch. "Can we just go?"

"Yes, yes we can!" Mother stood up with her small storage bag, Father and the four other children than me (yes, Anthem was there) coming along. Thérèse and Magaris had no family here, so they joined for the heck of it. "Fir, do it!"

"Let's! Seriously, go through now!"

I opened a portal that went into Basusda Forest, where the other portal leading into a forest near Larjulias capital was located. We took this exact same route last time, except we flew to Basusda instead of teleporting I think.

One by one they went through, until it was just me and Kitri left.

"Um, I'm sorry...? I don't really know what happened, and my memories of that time aren't too good either," I apologized with my head hanging down. Tch, this was why I liked being Knight. I looked down on people, people didn't look down on me. Agh, I could feel the eyes burning into the back of my skull.

I heard a tired sigh, and then next thing I knew I was scooped up in Kitri's arms.

"Just because I'm holding you doesn't mean I forgive you. That's a very bad insult to the Fae."

Even though his grip tightened around me when I went to push away. Hey, the wings are turning back to that clear silvery color again! Good, he's not that angry anymore.

I spoke too soon.

"Also, I'm not letting you off the hook when it comes to Tuila," his voice hardened. "With how much trouble you get into, you need to be able to talk to someone if it gets a little tight."

Hell no. If I'm Knight, I need no help. That's an insult to my pride.

Also a hell no. If I'm Firea, I won't contact anyone because any situation I'm in will be dangerous to anyone weaker than me, which just happens to be currently everyone who cares about me for the time being. Also, I don't want to get in trouble, like by being a bad child.

"I know what you're thinking, even with the bond damaged the way it is! Seriously," he shook his head, walking through the portal. "You need to get that bad 'independent' habit of yours fixed."

Ah, the next moment I can, I'm running away!

I could already feel the coldness of his anger again, since he was an ice mage...

Nothing compared to Arion, but still.

We appeared in Basusda with me shaking and wide eyed, Kitri seemingly happy as I tried to climb over to Father's arms.

"Oh no you don't," Kitri wrapped his wings around me as well, and from there I was truly stuck.

Seeing my melting expression, Kitri smiled again and the rest of my family looked at me pitifully. Most also had the looks of "your fault, you deal with it."