Chapter 11: Sleepy

(A/N: There will be a lot of mistakes and grammatical errors as I am writing this on my phone. Also, sorry this will be short. I have exams coming up, so I have decided to make the chapters shorter, but update more.)
Danny's POV:

Both of my sons were cradled on my hip and drifting off to sleep. They have had a long day and they are only three weeks old, so it was surprising that they were even awake in the first place. My sons were using my stomach as a pillow. I decided to sit down, so that I could make them more comfortable.

I was happier now that my family is here, but the class being here put a damper on my happiness. It could be worse, though. The main problem isn't my bullies, but Sam and Tucker. What they did to me still gives me nightmares. A quick flash of fear ran through my body at the thought. I can't wait for the day where what the did doesn't upset me.

Most of the class was staring at me with a look of confusion. My partners were sitting on either side of me while they waited. Clockwork was going to take our sons back home, while Ember stays with me. I could tell that he wanted to stay with us, but the safety of our children is our top priority.

----TIME SKIP----

Clockwork had to leave when the kids were waking up. I already miss the three of them, but it's for the better. At the moment, all the tourists, if you will, are asleep, surrounding a blazing fire that was keeping them warm. I was currently awake, keeping watch. Ember and I switched positions every four hours, so she was currently asleep on my lap. I brushed her hair out of her face as I played with it. Her hair had always been really soft, so when I played with it, I felt comforted. I'm lucky that she doesn't mind me playing with her hair. Ember was now snoring softly, with a little bit of drool dripping from the corner of her lips. She had never been the most beautiful sleeper, but I find it adorable. I slowly started to drift off to sleep beside my beautiful wife.

I awoke abruptly the next morning when Ember kicked my shin in her sleep. Groaning in pair, I removed my arms from her waist and slowly started to sit up. It was still night time and everyone else was asleep. I don't think I had more than three hours of sleep, so I was currently feeling very sleepy.

I decided that I would go and do a perimeter check before everyone else woke up. I transformed into my ghost self and flew a few feet above the group of campers so that I could see more. Everything looked peaceful, which was good as I don't feel like getting into a fight. It seemed like to much effort.

Seeing as everything appeared to be fine and everyone appeared to be safe, I decided to head home and shower. I felt really gross and I smelt bad. I flew peacefully to my front door, before deciding to walk. I opened the door and carefully walked up the stairs to my room. I made sure to make as little noise as possible so that I don't wake up Clockwork. I tiptoed through the room I share with my partners and opened the door to the bathroom.

Once I had gotten out of the shower, I noticed that it was 2:30 am. I still had a long time before anyone actually woke up, so I crawled into bed with my husband. I felt him wrap his arm around my waist subconsciously, and pull me closer to him. I smiled, closed my eyes and I drifted off to sleep.