Chapter 14: Rhysand

Thank you guys for all of your comments, views, and votes! Please continue to do all of these things and show your support! This chapter will be pretty bad, and I mean how it's written, sorry....

Check out my other story by clicking my profile. 

~

I watched as my mate, my beautiful mate gathered her power and forced it into a barrier to shield me from the beast. 

To shield me from the dagger shooting across the sky.

She was wrong.

So painfully wrong.

In the span of a second, my mind was frozen in terror as the blade changed direction, and shot for Feyre.

And could do nothing fast enough as my power shot for the beast, could do nothing as the blade plunged into her shoulder.

As my power struck at the Attor, who was too slow to avoid it.

Waves of darkness captured it, incapacitated it, making it shriek and groan in pain.

All in the span of the second in which my mate was stabbed by a blade, my pregnant mate.

And then Feyre fell out of my arms, the impact of the dagger pushing her out of my hold.

She dropped, free falling, and there was a moment of complete, utter silence in my mind.

Then came the rage.

Darkness and fury filled my mind, and I shifted, my true form revealing.

All fury, shadows, and darkness, I burned the damned Attor with my power, and sent it away to be dealt with later.

"Feyre" I roared, wrath burning through me as I yelled for my mate, fear coating her name.

Silence, pure aching silence greeted me.

I swore, and my eyes frantically searched throughout the forest.

Wrath filled me, and I threw out a shield, to catch her, to protect her.

I flew down through the trees, wings flaring, my mind racing as I waited for an impact to appear on my invisible net as I looked for her.

No impact came.

The Fae-bane in the blade, it must have forced her through. I swore as the realization struck my mind, and then again as I saw the sun setting.

Many more deaths could await her other than blood-loss, many more from the many different beasts prowling these woods.

Feyre. I whispered down our bond, pleading for her.

Silence was all that I recieved. 

The amount of fae-bane in the damn dagger could have completely numbed her powers.

And with it, no healing would occur.

I swore again, and I raced through the forest, searching for her, trying to find her presence.

My mate might die, and with her, myself and my child as well.

No, I could not allow it.