Chapter 7

Later that night...

Voices we ringing out downstairs. Our "family dinner" was starting, and I wanted to actually talk with everyone before we had to return to our many duties.

But as I started walking from the room my heart stopped as I heard a voice, his voice. My mate's laughter rang out from downstairs and I sucked in a breath, contemplating of whether or not I should fake tiredness or sickness.

I wanted to see him as it has been over a week since we last had been together. He was off all over Prythian, trying to again to make sure the world doesn't fall apart. And even though that desire to see him was pushing me to walk down the stairs, the nerves in my stomach were pushing me to retreat.

But Mor was waiting for me right by my door, as she took my hand in hers. Looking me in the eye, I could tell that she knew how I was feeling. She gave my hand a squeeze and smiled a bit encouragingly. "Are you going to tell Rhys tonight."

I shrugged. "I don't know when I'm going to tell him. Soon definitely, but I just don't know if I am ready to tell him."

She squeezed my hand again and walked towards the staircase. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves.

Should I tell him tonight? I don't even know if he wants a child. He did mention that he would be honored if I gave him a child in the mountains all those nights ago, but he might not feel that way right now if I was pregnant.

I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. Silently, I followed Mor down the staircase, the smile on my face feeling a bit more genuine as I saw Rhys, roaring with laughter at something Cassian said.

As we reached the foot of the stairs, nausea hit me, hard. I gasped, and clutched at the railing, and Mor was right there beside me, bracing a hand on my arm. "Are you okay?" she murmured. I nodded, even though the nausea was still there. I prayed to the Cauldron that I would not puke in front of everyone, especially as it would lead to an explanation I was not ready to offer.

I shoved the nausea right back down and kept on walking by Mor. She released my arm and I prayed that no one saw. But Azriel was watching me, a question in his eyes and a hint of concern on his face.

Rhys saw me and a huge grin broke out onto his face. But his brow furrowed a bit as he saw my slightly pale face and Azriel's look. I swallowed again, and let my smile show on my face. Sure enough, the concern went away from both of their faces, but the question still remained in their eyes.

I turned and saw Amren staring at me, her silver eyes fixed on my face. I hold her stare, my arms crossed as I walk in front of where she is sitting. "See something that interests you Amren. Cause I can assure you that nothing has changed since you last saw me" I said to her sweetly.

She looks at me for a moment and then gives me a large, cat grin. "While I may not have my original powers any more girl, I can still tell when things change."

My heart stopped for a beat, then started, and then stopped again as she continued on.

"For instance, I know what you are hiding. And I know what lurks inside of you girl, and I'm not talking about your powers. But don't worry I won't tell anyone yet, I'll keep it between us, and Mor of course." She winked at me, and her cat grin stretched wider as I shrugged and walked away.

Of course she knew that I was pregnant, it was impossible to hide anything from her.

I just hoped that I could hide it from Rhys.

I turn back towards the group. Azriel and Mor were now talking with Rhys and Cassian and I slipped up next to my mate. My heart was beating rapidly as he slid a hand around my waist, pulling me closer, and smiled at me.

"Hello my mate." he purred, laying a kiss on top of my hair. I smiled again, waiting to see if he would notice, like Amren did, of what laid inside of me.

Cassian faced me again, Azriel by his side. Mor sidled up next to me, and I was grateful for her presence as I waited for the words that might force me to give up my secret.

But they didn't come.

Instead, Cassian just cocked an eyebrow at me. "So," he started. "How did your mysterious plans go today."

I shrugged in return and grinned up at him, knowing it was bugging him that he didn't know what we did. "They went perfectly fine, and don't try and get us to reveal what they were you prick. I still haven't forgotten how you woke us up by hitting us with pillows this morning."

He chuckled and to my relief stopped asking questions. But I could still see the annoyance in his eyes as he turned to Mor again.

***

The night was full of laughter and enjoyment, and around eleven I excused myself and set off to bed. Rhysand also bid the others good night and went with me, but not before grabbing a glass of the wine they offered him after opening a bottle.

They offered one to me too, but I politely refused and walked up the stairs and into our bedroom.

I sat on the bed, hunching over a tiny bit. Nausea was filling my stomach again, but it went away quickly. But not quick enough, as Rhys saw me hunched over, and he saw the look of discomfort on my face. I straightened up, but I still saw the concern on his face.

The laughing, joyful man from downstairs disappeared as he put down his glass of wine and a frown came over his face.

And my heart broke at the worry and pain that glimmered in his eyes, chasing out the stars that had danced in them minutes before.

"Feyre," he said quietly, calmly. But I knew that he was anything but calm. "What is wrong."

My world crumbled a bit as I heard the words I dreaded. As I heard the pain and worry behind them. How was I going to tell him? How was I going to explain.

Hi everyone! Sorry for the cliff-hanger. I was going to stop the chapter at where they were about to go to bed but I wanted this chapter to be over 1000 words. Thanks for reading and please vote and leave a comment. When I see those votes and comments, a huge smile comes over my face, so please do it!