Chapter 9

Hi everyone, I'm really sorry for not posting lately. I have been quite busy, and I've been having a enormous case of writer's block for this story. Any ideas would be helpful, and any writing advice would be great to!!!!

Also, check out my other stories: Cage of Darkness: A Rowaelin Story, and Broken.

Enjoy the story!!!!

~

A week later...

I took a steadying breath in as I headed down the stairs and into the living room.

It had been a week since I told Rhys about our child, and he's been even more protective ever since.

He only really left me alone three days ago, when he had to attend to a problem at the other court.

And of course I enjoyed his loving company, but by the Cauldron he already had enough to deal with, and now with his constantly worrying about my safety...

But it wasn't like how Tamlin was, the constant worrying leading to my imprisonment. No, it was more of where he was always seeming to check up on me, always seeming worried if I was uncomfortable or if our child was alright.

The second thing I could easily convince him of. As last week the morning after I told him, he brought in a healer, Kristena, who specialized in pregnancy and mid-wifery.

She gave me herbs and tonics, and checked up on the child growing in my belly. I was barely a over month into my pregnancy, but a tiny bump was slowly forming.

Soon it would be big enough till where my clothes couldn't hide it, so I would have to tell everyone soon.

Rhys was coming back home today, and everyone else seemed to not be busy tonight either.

So I'd told Rhys tonight was the night everyone would know, and he didn't object. He just kissed my forehead and squeezed my hand which gave me some comfort.

Gathering up my courage I walked down the stairs and into the sitting room.

***

Two hours had passed since I came down stairs.

Mor and Amren kept on giving me looks, as if to say, hurry up and tell them.

Azriel, Cassian, and Elain were the only ones here who didn't know.

And Nesta of course, but she was off in the human lands, returning in the next few months.

Everyone was sitting on the couches talking and eating.

Rhys was beside me and I leaned in close to him.

Are you ready?  he asked in my mind.

I need to tell them, and now will be the best time.

All right.

The nerves were still buzzing in my head, but a wicked idea crept into my mind.

And so with a slight grin on my face, and I lifted my chin. "Hey guys I have something to tell you," I said to them.

They all turned and I had to bite my lip to keep in my smile.

"We are going to have a new addition to our Inner Circle soon," I told them.

There was confusion in Azriel's and Elain's faces, but utter bewilderment in Cassian's.

Mor's lips were clamped together and I could see that she was relishing this moment, this exact moment where Cassian and Azriel were confused as hell.

They both looked towards Rhys, who just gave a slight shrug.

Cassian shook his head, and look towards me. "Umm... Feyre," "You realize that not just anybody can become a part of this mess." he said, gesturing to all of us.

Mor and Amren scowled at him, and I just gave him a sweet little smile, knowing it would bug him.

And oh it did, Cassian's lips tightened and I could literally see his irritation radiating off of him. I think I was enjoying this too much.

Still grinning, I slipped a lock of hair behind my ear. "Well, I don't think that you would want to turn this person way."

"And who is this person."

I just gave another little shrug. I looked towards Azriel and Elain, and saw both of them looking me over, trying to discern something.

I watched as they slowly tried piecing the puzzle together, but I still didn't think they got what I was going at.

Cassian growled, a low sound that showed his annoyance. "Fine, when is this surprise addition to our circle coming?" he asked.

I was clamping my lips together at this point. "Well they are most likely coming in 7 or 8 months, and honestly I would be quite disappointed if you didn't care for them."

I looked towards my mate and I saw his lips twitch up, oh he knew that I was enjoying this.

I saw Elain's eyes widen in realization and her mouth gaped open as she looked from my eyes to my stomach.

Cassian didn't still seemed to understand, and I huffed a sigh.

"Honestly Cassian," I said. "I'm pregnant."

One second, it was a calm atmosphere.

In the next I was engulfed in hugs and joyous laughter.

Elain had immediately jumped to wrap her arms around me and gave me a huge smile. Cassian was next to her and laughed as he hugged me.

Mor was next to him and grinned at me, giving me a tight squeeze. Rhys wrapped an arms around my waist, and pulled me towards him.

I saw Amren give me a flash of a smirk, and then I was getting up and walking towards Azriel.

He had stayed on his seat, but his eyes were full of warmth and he gave me a small smile.

"Congrats Feyre," he said to me, his eyes finding mine.

I leaned in a gave him a tiny hug, and whispered "Thanks Az."

And as I pulled away smiling, I knew that in all parts of my heart, my soul, that our child would never have to go through what any of us had to.

They would have a loving family, from the start to the end.

Hello guys, thanks for reading this chapter. The next few chapters will be focused on Feyre's pregnancy and might be a bit short. Don't forget to leave a comment and vote.