Chapter 3

I opened my eyes and blinked a bit as I realized that it was morning. I slept through the rest of the night, no nightmares.

A weight that had been in my chest had disappeared after last night's conversation. I rubbed at my eyes and stretched while yawning and then turned, expecting to find the other side empty as it usually seemed to be these days.

But instead I saw Rhysand sleeping on the pillow, his black hair mussed and a look of serene calm on his face.

I bent down and curled up next as I whispered "Good morning my love". Rhys blearily opened his eyes and blinked, his beautiful violet eyes settling on my face. His face broke into a small grin as he beheld the light in my eyes and the calmness in my gaze.

He leaned down and gently kissed my forehead, his lips brushing against my hair as he murmured "Good morning Feyre darling." I then moved back a bit, settling in his arms.

My smile widened as I looked outside and saw the soft morning sun shining upon Velaris. I turned back to Rhys and leaned back against him as he idly played with a bit of my hair. "So," I said. "What do our duties as High Lord and Lady demand of us today?"

"Well today" he replied, "We have the whole day off and the house to ourselves". My gaze turned incredulous as I took in the words. Finally, a day of peace and quiet with just ourselves and the whole house.

"So what shall we spend the day doing my mate?" He asked arching an eyebrow. I raised my own brow in return. "Well" I replied, "It has been quite a long time since we had any time together. So how about for this morning we catch up on lost time and later we can go and visit the city" His soft smile turned into a full on smirk as he considered my offer.

"I think I shall agree on what you have given me" he drawled as he leaned down, his breath hot on my face. I rose up and brought my mouth to his. Our lips joined and I sighed at the taste of him. One thing led to another and so we spent the rest of the morning in bed as we caught up on all the time that had gone by.

Hi guys I'm sorry that this has been a really , really, really short chapter. I've been a bit busy and I promise that I will update soon. Thanks for reading a please vote and leave a comment.