Christmas Special

Enjoy this Christmas special!

Placed before the first chapter-

A time before....

~

The day had come.

My eyes were weary as I pulled myself out of bed, wiping away the previous nightmare from my mind.

And so I lifted myself out of my bed, and continued on with my usual duties.

~

Night had not yet fallen, yet my usual bleak self had shed away.

And I smiled into the oncoming night, as the glorious moon and stars slowly shone through the clouds.

Rhys had told me so many months ago how spectacular this court's sundowns were.

And he was right.

As the glowing sun fell beneath the horizon, colors of blue, purple, pink, orange, and more mixed together.

My artists' eyes caught them all, and my breath caught in my throat as stars began glittering in the darkness.

It was time to get ready for what would occur tonight.

This one night would lift my spirits, perhaps it would chase away the shadows of the war for when I slept.

Already a smile brightened my face, and turning to my closet, I took out the dress.

It was purely spectacular.

The top of it was pure black with capped sleeves, bolts of fabric flowing down the arms.

But the bottom was the true master piece.

Silver beads, black gems, and pure crystals had been all sewn together in strands, a black fabric pressed beneath them.

A dress fit for a High Lady.

A High Lady of the Night Court at that.

Night air swept passed my shoulders as I emerged from the town house.

It flew across my bronze hair, the wind and cold becoming one.

Nothing would ruin this night for me.

No thought of any plaguing nightmares, no thought of sadness, nothing.

This was a night for happiness.

And so I winnowed into the place where I had truly felt happy in a long, long time.

~

It had looked exactly the same as it had only a year ago.

Darkness had fallen, yet the globes stung around the city were glowing bright.

They were all here.

All of Velaris had come for this time.

Peals of familiar laughter ringed in my ears, and I walked to where my friends were.

All of them were here, Mor with her bright face, Azriel and Cassian, with their colorful siphons...

And my mate, with his starry eyes and joyful smile.

"Hello Feyre" he purred, wrapping an arm around my waist, pulling me to his side.

"Hello Rhys," I planted a kiss on his cheek and then faced my friends.

"How much time left" Cassian grumbled, his eyebrows furrowing.

Mor swatted his arm, laughing as he scowled at Azriel for doing the same.

"Be patient, it won't kill you to wait." She said, and then turned towards me.