forty four.

"Nagustuhan mo ba ko dati?"

...

"To be honest... oo."

--

It's been almost two months since Alyssa found out the truth, a month since she got over the regrets she felt after that day, but that conversation is all she can think about before she goes to sleep every night.

"Eh kung naging malinaw kasi siya diba?"

"Puro naman kasi mixed signals."

"Sabi niya she's still trying to get over someone."

Ayan lahat sinasabi ng mga malalapit na kaibigan niya sa kanya, and somehow it helped. Nabawasan yung mga regrets niya kasi tama rin naman sila. She did not do anything cause she knows Dennise is trying to get over someone. She did not do anything cause she thought Dennise is just a clingy person who likes to hold hands or place her head on someone's shoulder when they sit next to each other. She did not do anything cause it's too soon, she only knew Dennise for a year and they barely talk, baka mamaya assuming lang siya.

Pero alam naman niya that the biggest reason why she got over her regrets is what is happening between her and Dennise. They are so open about what they had for each other na they are able to joke about it, or even ask about the what ifs na meron sila. Unlike before, they are closer now. Kung dati once a week lang sila mag-usap at ilang linggo pa ulit bago masundan, ngayon halos araw-araw magkausap na sila.

Of course Alyssa's friends find their situation weird. Sigurado daw ba talaga na friends-friends na lang this time? Baka naman Dennise still likes her, pero the latter is not showing it? Whatever the reason is, ayaw na muna malaman ni Alyssa. Go with the flow... again.

--

It's the first day of new semester and all Alyssa wants is to go back to sleep. Napaisip talaga siya bakit siya nag-10 am class, eh ever since she started college 12 noon ang klase niya lagi. It's been 10 minutes since she turned off her alarm and she's still staring at the ceiling fan. She's too lazy to turn off the fan kahit sobrang ginaw na siya.

A beep from her phone made her come back to reality, she checked it and sure enough, it's Dennise.

Get up, Ly! I'm done with my first class. You got this, Ly! Good luck! :)

Of course that message made her smile, she sat down on her bed, comforter around her body and started typing a message for Dennise.

Do I sense a hint of... I don't know... energy? Parang you're too energetic for first day. May cute kang classmate 'no? 😏

Di pa man nakakagalaw si Alyssa sa kinauupuan niya, Dennise already replied to her text.

So, you think na pumapasok lang ako for cute guys/girls? Aray Ly, ha. But I guess to answer your question... yes, meron. But no, he ain't the reason why I'm too energetic.

Alright then. Why are you so energetic while I'm struggling to get out of this bed?

Because you motivated me. :) Your pangungulit last week worked, kaso you gave me too much motivation that nothing is left for you na.

But let me pay you back... Lyyyy! Get up na, please? Promise, I'll send a snapchat video of me singing after school. So, please, please, please, get up na! Don't forget to eat breakfast too!

Btw, thanks for the morning reminder. I know how hard it is for you to wake up early, but still, naalala mo pa rin ako. I appreciate it, Ly. :)