twenty four.

[Last Part]

Alyssa and Dennise have gotten even more closer. They've been on countless of dates (Although they never tell that to each other) they both think that they are just two close friends hanging out.

"Oh, himala. Andito ka." Dindin said as soon as Alyssa enter their dorm.

"May lab pa kasi si Den eh, bukas na lang daw." Alyssa answered.

"Hindi mo rin siya susunduin?"

"Hindi na daw. Sabay na daw siya sa kaklase niya." Alyssa answered and sighed which made Dindin look at her, "What?"

"Wala naman." Dindin said with hesitation, "Ly.... Ano ba meron sainyo?"

"Ha? Wala, magkaibigan lang kami." Alyssa said.

"Ly." Dindin said and gave Aly a stern look, "You guys are not just friends."

"What? We are."

"No. Ly, ever since you guys met non stop yung pag-uusap niyo. You would go all the way to Katips just to drive her to her dorm. Every weekend you guys go out. You've been on countless dates." Dindin said, "Ano ba siya sayo?"

"A-a friend. That's it." Alyssa said, "We're just enjoying each other's company."

"Alyssa. Ingat lang ha. Alam ko masaya ka with her. Pero don't you wanna know kung ano status niyo?"

"Friends. That's it." Alyssa said.

--

That night Alyssa tried not to think about her conversation with Dindin. Alam naman niya sa sarili niya na magkaibigan lang sila ni Dennise, pero recently her friends are pointing out things about her and Dennise that friends don't usually do.

Pero they both reason out naman they are just close friends, but now? She don't even know anymore. She don't want to ruin whatever she and Dennise have right now.

The next day, Alyssa tried her best not to notice any difference that her friends are pointing out. So far, she's doing really good.

They are about to get some lunch kakagaling lang nila sa isang bookstore dahil Dennise is ranting about how she's so tired of reading medical books, so she bought some books which aren't Science related.... sort of.

"Shit." Dennise mumbled which didn't go unnotice to Alyssa.

"What? Why?" Alyssa asked.

"U-uhmm. My ex is here." Dennise said looking at her ex girlfriend with her new girlfriend.

Alyssa followed Dennise's sight, "That's Ara?"

"Y-yes." Dennise answered who's still dumbfounded.

Alyssa held Dennise's hand and they immediately went out of the restau. Alyssa is basically dragging Dennise who's still dumbfounded until now.

"Den? Den?" Alyssa called out as soon as she got inside of her car.

"Yes, Ly?" Dennise asked and look at Alyssa, tears are visible to her eyes.

Alyssa didn't speak, she just hugged Den really tight and that's when Dennise's tears starts to fall down.

"I-I thought I'm over her." Dennise said in between of her sobs, "It's been only 3 months since we broke up. Am I that easy to forget?"

Alyssa broke their hug, cupped Dennise's face and said, "You're not. You're hard to forget. Don't make her think about that to yourself. You're amazing, Den. She's blind not to see that."