fourteen.

Part One.

Dennise was peacefully sleeping when someone opened her door harshly and without opening her eyes, she already knows who is that.

"Jus Angelica!!" Dennise yelled as she groaned.

"Ate!! Ate!! Si Ate Alyssa! Ahhhh!" Jus said as she jumped at Dennise's bed.

"Jus!!" Dennise said as she sat down, "Alyssa? Matagal na wala dito si Alyssa. Ano nanaman nakain mo ha?"

"Haaay nako, ate. Tumingin ka kasi sa bintana." Jus said and went to open her ate's curtain.

Dennise just shook her head but Jus looked at her with a serious face, "Fine. Haay nako, Jus Angelica. Sinasabi ko sayo pag ako binibiro mo lang. Nako, humand---"

"You were saying ate?" Jus asked with a sarcastic smile on her face.

Dennise's eyes widened. Her sister wasn't kidding at all. Alyssa Valdez is back. It's been 10 years since the last time she saw Alyssa.

"Jus. Jus. Uy. Jus? Asan na yun?" Dennise asked herself.

--

Alyssa was about to enter their house when she heard someone yelling her name.

"Ate Alyssa!!" Jus yelled.

At first, Alyssa just looked at the girl with her eyebrows raised. After a few seconds, she realized who she was.

"Oh my God, Jus! Hi." Alyssa said and hugged Jus, "Gosh. Dalaga ka na. You were so little pa when I left."

"Ate Alyssa talaga. Pero wow." Jus said after she pulled away from the hug and looked at Alyssa from head to toe.

Alyssa standing tall wearing a cap, crop top, flannel around her waist, ripped jeans and white converse.

"Sexy mo ate! You are so tall!" Jus said in admiration.

"Ikaw talaga. Nako. By the way, there's gathering tonight. Punta kayo nila mom mo." Alyssa said.

"Sure ate."

"Alright. I'll see you tonight."

"Okay ate. Bye!" Jus said before they parted ways.

--
All through out breakfast Jus and her mom won't stop talking and admiring Alyssa and it made her even more curious.

She met Alyssa back when they were 7 years old, they just moved to their new place which happens to be right across the Valdez's. Valdez's are known in their city. They are rich, but it's not something they bragged about. They have two-storey house, just like everyone else in their subdivision. Alyssa's grandparents are members of different organizations in their city kaya mas lalo silang nakilala.

Dennise is a shy girl that's why when she first met Alyssa she was intimidated, she's not rich like Alyssa. She would see Alyssa outside playing with some kids including her sister kaya naging magkakilala sila. She've been to Valdez's house before and Alyssa's grandparents knew her, but she never met Alyssa's parents.

Breakfast ended with the topic about Alyssa's arrival.
--
It's been hours since she arrived and she feels like nothing has changed in their house, it's still the same house that she left 10 years ago. She is staying in her room roaming her eyes around to find what's new in her room other than the fact that it is neat, but she saw nothing which made her feel home even more.

She went downstairs at nakita niya na halos lahat ng tao sa bahay nila ay may ginagawa, she tried offering them help but they all declined telling her that she should take a rest for tonight's gathering. It's a welcome party for her organize by her grandparents, she didn't even want to have it in the first place but her grandparents insisted.