forty three.

I still remember the first time we met.

It wasn't the 'I saw you across the room and I knew I'm already inlove' type. Although I admit, gandang ganda na ko sayo when I saw you for the first time.

It was a Friday night in LA and the concert just finished, it was already 10:30 pm. We were in a hurry kasi baka ma-traffic kami and kakain pa before we go home. However, when we got to the parking structure the gates are already locked. You were there with your friends calling the parking company.

"We've been calling, but it's going straight to the voicemail." Your friend said, "We didn't see that it is only open until 9:30." Then she pointed at the sign by the wall.

"I mean, you would expect that it's gonna be open late at night cause it's LA, but I don't know." You said and I just nodded my head.

"You guys should call the number too." Your other friend said.

Fille, the ate of our group, went to the parking structure next to us and asked the guard if there's a possible way to go inside. Amy is already freaking out since she's our driver for tonight and she's screwed if we get stuck here. Jia's not in the mood so I wasn't able to tell her that I find you pretty.

"Okay, sa kabilang side daw bukas yung parking. Kailangan natin pumunta dun. Malapit lang naman." Fille said when she got back.

"Oh, naalala ko yun. Sa may likod, nadaanan namin kanina." You said and I was surprised cause I thought na di ka Filipino. Ang puti mo kasi eh, plus that blue eyes of yours.

"Tara na." I said and we started walking all together.

We are all girls so we have to look out for each other since it's kinda late and we're in public in LA. It's not that it wasn't safe, it's just you'll never know who's going to talk to you out of nowhere or someone might be following you.

We are already right across the street of the parking structure kaso walang tawiran and we decided to jaywalk instead.

"There are a lot of us so we good." Your friend said, "At least 1% of us will survive." And we all laughed.

We waited hanggang sa wala ng kotseng dumadaan. I was standing next to you, when you said let's go. Patawid na tayo dapat when a car came.

"Oh wait, let this car pass." You said and you put your arm out to stop us (mostly me since ako lang naman abot ng arm mo) from crossing.

"Now we go." I said as soon as the car passed and we all run across the street since nag-turn green na yung stoplight from the other side of the road.

"So, where did we parked?" Amy asked.

"3rd floor, Ki." Fille answered.

We were in 2nd floor when your group of friends said good bye to us.

"Have a nice night! Bye guys!" You said and we also do the same.

"Well, this is a nice adventure." I said when I got into the passenger seat.

"Kind of. Fudge, I almost called my parents and told them that I fucked up." Kiwi said and I chuckled, then she drove us home.

I tried remembering your face through out the car ride, but I suck at it. At the end of the night, I already forgot what you look like except for that baby blue eyes of yours.

--

I never expected that I will see you again. Southern California is pretty huge, even if I narrow it down and think you're living in LA or at least close to LA the chances of seeing you again is kinda impossible, but it's funny how fate works.