twenty six.

Gone. Just like everyone else. You're gone. You left me. You left me without saying goodbye.

We were okay before all these happened. You went to my graduation, we spent time together. You drive to UST every time just to see me, pero bigla ka na lang nawala.

No goodbyes, no letters. Nothing from you. I just heard wala ka na when I went to your condo cause it's been months since we saw each other and you never respond to any of my messages.

It's been 5 years. I'm already on my 2nd year on medschool. It has been tough, I had bunch of sleepless nights, I rely on all nighters, I sleep every chance I could get, I rarely go out. But even after those. I can't stop wondering why you left.

One day, I was on my way to school when I saw by the news stand a very familiar face.

"Alyssa Valdez dominating the business industry" the caption read, "This 22 year old Filipina Business Entrepreneur who moved to the United States about 5 years ago and graduated at New York University has been dominating the business world..."

I smiled and I felt a liquid in my eyes. Tears are starting to form. After all those years nasa America lang pala siya, but why she didn't decide to call me? I wonder if her friends knows about this all the time. But nevertheless, I'm so proud of her....

Since then I start to search her up online, not that I haven't done it for the past years but this one is something big. I typed her name and bunch of articles and pictures showed up. All articles are the same, but the pictures are different. Some are taken during business meets or her having talks but there's not much of details about it. I shook my head as I scroll through, she's still the same. She still don't like opening up to people.

After a month I got an invitation from Ms. P for her baby shower, she got married two years after I graduate highschool. She still teaches on my highschool kaya every once in a while I would come by to catch up with her.

"Alyssa is gone?" She asked me that same day I found out about Alyssa being gone. She knows Alyssa better than I do and I was hoping that she knows where she is. I nodded in reply.

"Nasan daw siya?" She asked again.

"I-I don't know. Basta daw umalis na, paid her contract and that's it." I answered.

"I'm sorry, Dennise." She said and I swore I cried like a baby.

--

It's the day of Ms. P's baby shower and I saw some familiar faces like my past teachers and probably some of her students in the past.

"Congrats, Ms. P!" I said and gave her a tight hug.

"Thanks, Dennise! I thought you wouldn't come, I know how busy you are." She said.

"Palalampasin ko ba naman to? Of course not." I answered and smiled at her.

"Kamusta ka naman?" She asked me and our chitchat begin, halfway though she just stop and her mouth was kind of open and she just stare into a certain spot.

Napakunot na lang yung noo ko and I turn around to see what she's staring at.

--

One of my friends was invited to Ms. P's baby shower, it was sent via email with an additional message "If you know where Alyssa is, tell her to show up or else di ko siya gagawin ninang ng baby ko." I laughed when Gretchen read me that email, that's why I'm here right now. In Philippines.

It's been 5 years since the last time I was here, this is the first time that I came home after I left 5 years ago.

"Baldo, asan ka na?" Gretchen asked.