thirty four.

"Who is that?" Alyssa asked when she opened her eyes, although her other eye was refusing to open.

"That's Dennise, your wife." The nurse answered.

She looked at the nurse as if she was kidding, "Seryoso?"

"Hmm." The nurse answered.

Alyssa looked at the lady in front of her. Cheeks filled with cotton and gauze, other eye still refusing to open, but her mouth surely did.

"Oh my, God. She's so beautiful, she's like a Goddess." Alyssa confessed, "Who is she?"

"Dennise," The lady finally answered, as she continued to fill up the latter's paperwork, "I'm your wife."

"No way."

"Two years, love." Dennise answered with a smile while wiggling her fingers to show her ring.

Dennise watched the confused Alyssa and she can't help but smile seeing the childish side of her wife. Alyssa closed her mouth and put her hands under her chin as if she was thinking.

"Miss," Alyssa called to the nurse, "What makes her say yes to me?"

"I have no idea, to be honest."

"Really? She's my wife?" Alyssa asked herself, "Hmm..."

Dennise rarely see Alyssa so out of control of her own. Alyssa barely drinks because she has a low tolerance when it comes to alcohol. Alyssa speaks her mind blatantly sober or not and that's one of the things Dennise loves about Alyssa.

"You are so beautiful," Alyssa sighed, amazed by Dennise, "You smell like strawberries, too."

"Sshhh. Just rest your mouth, Ly. It'll hurt even more."

"Can I kiss you one day?"

Dennise giggled before answering, "Of course, you can." Dennise can see the nurses trying to hide their smile as they clean up, "Anytime, you want."

"Really? How? You would let me?" Alyssa asked, her eyes closed as if she was dreaming, "You're like a Goddess."

"Yes, I will. Just rest for now, okay?"

"Okay. Are we gonna be married for a long time?"

"I hope so." Dennise answered.

The nurse excused herself as she took the clipboard from Dennise, leaving Dennise with Alyssa who's humming. Dennise pulled a stool and scoot next to Alyssa brushing the latter's hair.

"My mouth hurts." Alyssa mumbled, anaesthesia slowly fading off from her wisdom tooth extraction.

"I know, love. We'll go home soon and you'll stay in bed. I'll give you medicine."

Alyssa's eyes opened, she stares at the lady in front of her as her smile widens.

"You're so beautiful. You really married me?" Alyssa whispered.

"Yes, I did. You don't remember?"

"No, but I hope I do soon. Are you coming home with me?"

"To our home? Yes, if that's fine with you."

"Fine?" Alyssa smirked and close her eyes again, "That's the best news I've ever heard in my life."

--