nineteen.

Homecoming Week

This is one of the busiest week we have in school. Assignments and lessons are all packed up, each lessons are in fast pace.

This is where all girls can talk about is what their dresses would be.

This is where all boys can talk about is who their date would be.

This is where all teachers talk about how would they avoid giving homeworks over the weekend, so students like us can enjoy our homecoming.

Homecoming Day

It was Saturday night at 6pm in the auditorium where everyone is having fun. Each space in these four walls are occupied. Dancing, foods and photo booths are everywhere.

It is the day where we can release our stress even if we are just back in school for a month.

It is the day where Seniors will have their last homecoming.

"Den!" Ella called, bringing me back to reality.

"What's up?" I asked.

"You've been spacing out. You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah. I'm okay."

"Good. Come with me then."

"Where?"

"We're looking for someone, besh."

"Who?"

"Just go with me." Ella said and so I did.

I saw Laura and Bea Tan waiting for us and looking around.

"What's with you guys?" I asked.

"Besh. It is our last year in highschool and until now we haven't seen the DJ." Laura explained.

"The DJ? Really, guys? Really?" I asked.

"But Den. He's making these amazing mixes, without him our homecoming all these years would be shit." Bea said.

"And haven't you been listening all night? He played almost all the song we requested." Ella added.

And yes, she was right. This DJ has been playing all the song that we've requested. I know the list of the songs since I'm the part of homecoming committee. Which reminded me of something.

"Really guys? The DJ? While I'm the one who made this homecoming." I said, raising my eyebrow at them.

"Oh crap. Right." Ella said, realizing it.

All four of them looked around the venue....

"This is great, Den!" Laura said.

"Amazing!" Ella added.

"A for effort, Den." Bea said.

"Hahaha. Thank you guys." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes at them.

"Sorry, Den. But seriously, this is the best. Just look around. Everyone is having fun." Laura said.

"True. Good food din, besh. Hehehe." Ella said.

"Yeah. Whatever." I said, "Anyway, let's find the DJ so we can enjoy the night."

And so we did, but then I remembered. I was the one who set this up, this homecoming. I know all the places to go with my eyes close. So I went behind one of the photo booths, while I leave my friends looking for the DJ.

I went behind one of the photo booths and there I saw the DJ. Who looks like around my age, wearing a black fitted dress, with headphones on and pushing some buttons. She then looked at me as she played my favorite song.