Chapter Thirty

I tap my heels against the floor of the car as I anxiously wait to get out. All I want to do is see everyone, I'm happy to be back to Florida.

A part of me is heartbroken to have left Jack but I know that it wasn't the last time I wasn't going to see him because I don't believe in goodbyes.

The taxi finally stops, I pay him his fare and get out. Jack told me that all my money and bank accounts were still saved so I have everything returned to me.

Jack also gave me all of my old clothes back and looking at them as well as wearing them on I knew that I was back to where I've always been.

Taking the key out which I took without telling Mable I unlock the door to the house and get in. Everything is still the same and I can't help but smile at this.

I've only been gone for a couple of days but it's good to be back here- back home. I know that Mable is at work at this moment and I have to go and visit Susan and Marilyn.

They tried contacting me but I couldn't get back through to them, I hope they don't think that I wouldn't come back.

Setting my suitcase to the side I get out my trainers and take the heels off. Locking the house door behind me I run.

I run as fast as I can ignoring my surroundings, I need to see my friends. Seeing the same street which I always walk through, I run through today.

Like a jogger but a fast jogger trying to reach their destination. Opening the door to the café it's dead silent and I see Marilyn walking away to the kitchen.

Making a loud noise on the floor with my shoe Marilyn slowly turns around. Her eyes catch mine and she looks completely shocked.

The plate which was in her hand drops to the ground as she covers her mouth and I can't help but smile.

"Oh Marilyn" Running up to her I embrace her into a big hug.

"I thought you weren't going to come back" She says into my hair.

"I never even thought about leaving"

"What's all that noise mum..." Looking over Marilyn's shoulder, Susan has the same expression her face just like her mother had.

"Harriet!" Susan runs towards me and tackles me into a big hug as well.

"I'm so happy you're here, do you know...I thought you were never going to come back!"

I start telling the both of them everything that had happened starting from Jack till my parents.

"So this is how the old you used to dress up then?" Susan asks winking at me whilst looking at my clothes.

"But this is still the same me and I've been here all along"

"Will you still be working for us?" Marilyn asks with a small gleam in her eye.

It saddens me to say no to her. With my doctors degree, I still remember what I have to do for my job so I want to get back into what I love doing.

"I've been thinking about applying to some hospitals but that wont stop me from coming here every day" They both embrace me into another big hug.

"Mable hasn't been herself since you've been gone, you should go see her now" Susan suggests to me.

I nod my head knowing that I have to myself as well. I tell them both that I'll be back and they nod letting me go 

 I tell them both that I'll be back and they nod letting me go